Magic goes to dry dock Feb 21,2016

Confirmed about three weeks ago

Guys

Blue Iguana Cantina

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

Red Frog Rum Bar

Alchemy Bar

Fat Jimmy's BBQ

This is also what my PVP confirmed as the new additions to the Magic while in drydock. We wanted to change ships with the same itinerary but wanted to verify the same amenities onboard. She spent quite some time looking it up and read the information to me and reassured it would be the above and also updating some other areas on pool decks. Since it is all centrally located on lido deck area these are supposedly easy changes to do within the time slot given for the drydock. I just hope (lol) she knew what she was talking about. But regardless looking forward to the Magic coming to PC so we don't have to fly. :D

• 2 months later...
Whew!! Just called Carnival. She said Magic will be in dry dock only a couple of weeks. It is scheduled to come out of dry dock around March 3rd. :D. There are sentimental reasons mom & I chose this particular cruise on this particular week. She is my biological mother. She gave me up for adoption at birth. On May 2, 2011 we talked for the first time. So that will be our 5 year anniversary of being back in each other's lives. We chose the Magic because our finding each other was pure magic and God sent. And our relationship from day 1 has been nothing but magical. It would be disappointing if it were cancelled. But in the end the important thing is we have the week together no matter when it is and what ship it is.

Congratulations on finding your birth mom I have been reunited with mine since 1997

Eeek.. This makes me nervous as we are scheduled to sail on March 6th. I pray there are no hiccups and she is ready for us. When a ship is in dry dock... where does it go?

I'd like to see the Hasbro game show....... It looks fun. Is that part of the 2.0 upgrades?

I believe it goes to the bahamas. Maybe somebody here can back me up on that. I would look at it this way- Carnival would lose a ton of revenue if the dry dock was delayed. Not only on your cruise, but then the ripple effect that would be caused by all the other ships that had scheduled dry docks at this facility (and thus no bookings.) I'm guessing most dry docks are started and finished on time.

imo, i wouldn't put any credence in the information posted to this ship cruise.org as referenced by the previous poster. carnival has not made any announcement regarding exactly what the ship will or will not get in drydock, so i don't know how some 3rd party site would know. further, previous poster came into thread questioning if a may 1 cruise would be cancelled for a feb 21 drydock, so they don't exactly seem like a knowledgeable authority on how or what drydocks are, with all due respect to previous poster.

That is BEYOND rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am new to cruising. And no, I DID NOT know how long dry docks were. So to me it was a legitimate question!!!!! I only posted what I had read on a site. I didn't say it was according to the gospel of Carnival. Just that it was a post I had read. I NEVER claimed to be an authority on dry docking!!!! MAINLY because I did not know what all dry docking intelled. So there is no "all due respect". You could have posted what you knew without slamming me. I am new to this board also. I joined to learn things. I plan on doing a lot more cruising and my cousin suggested this site to get info. She said everyone was beyond helpful. Well.......not so sure of that anymore. I was taught there is never a stupid question if you learn from it. I have since learned what dry docking is about. But the way you addressed my question was very hurtfuL and rude. Remember, not everyone on this site has cruised many times. Many of us are new and here to learn. So excuse me if I asked what you deem a ridiculous question. 😢

Want to win your bet, bet on Feb 21 drydock.

I don't remember what site I got it from. But four ships at this time have the HUB app. Breeze Dream Magic and I think the Sunshine.

I found it on the Carnival website. You can find out what is on the ships when you click on the tab "Explore". This is under "Onboard Activities". You click on the blue tab "which ships is this on?"

Eeek.. This makes me nervous as we are scheduled to sail on March 6th. I pray there are no hiccups and she is ready for us. When a ship is in dry dock... where does it go?

I'd like to see the Hasbro game show....... It looks fun. Is that part of the 2.0 upgrades?

According to the Carnival website it doesn't show it. It isn't listed under currently on or coming soon. It is coming soon to the Splendor.

According to the Carnival website it doesn't show it. It isn't listed under currently on or coming soon. It is coming soon to the Splendor.

The cruiselines apparently notify Galveston parking and they have it going 21st. Have you tried to book the Magic for 2 weeks after 21st? Just checked, no Magic in Feb.

Edited by texast518

The cruiselines apparently notify Galveston parking and they have it going 21st. Have you tried to book the Magic for 2 weeks after 21st? Just checked, no Magic in Feb.

I didn't make myself clear before. I was talking about the Hasbro Game Show. I know the Magic is going into dry dock for 2 weeks and will be sailing again on March 6. In fact we are sailing on it March 20.

FWIIW, we did not think too much of the Hasbro Game Show. It was "meh"

and I had my two kids there. Their reaction was also "meh"

Mine enjoyed it but it did help that my oldest won the game, which excited her younger sister.

$150 giftcard to Hasbro.com we now have lots of games.

I don't remember what site I got it from. But four ships at this time have the HUB app. Breeze Dream Magic and I think the Sunshine.

From the Carnival FAQs:

Where do the features of the app work?

On board the Carnival Breeze, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory and Carnival Sunshine.

When will the Carnival Hub app be available on the other ships?

Within the next 12 to 18 months.

I'm hoping maybe Magic will get it in dry dock...but that's based purely on wishing...since we sail on April 3 and I would love to be able to use it to keep track of my family!!!