Comedian on NCL Dawn/Tim Kaminski

I love Tim Kaminsky! I never knew he'd been on NCL ships. Here is what he posted on his public Facebook page on 4/1/15:

"I am on the NCL Sun. This run is coming to an end, I have been on the NCL Pearl, The NCL Star, and the NCL Sun for the last 9 weeks and I have enjoy all the great passengers. And of coarse the crews have been awesome as always. The entertainment has been top notch, so many talented people. But its time to go home to be with the lovely Susana, and the dogs. I cant wait to see her and spend time together and enjoy some home life. I miss her everyday I am gone. I have not received my next ship or ships yet, I will update you when I find out more. Tim"

I love Tim Kaminsky! I never knew he'd been on NCL ships. Here is what he posted on his public Facebook page on 4/1/15:

"I am on the NCL Sun. This run is coming to an end, I have been on the NCL Pearl, The NCL Star, and the NCL Sun for the last 9 weeks and I have enjoy all the great passengers. And of coarse the crews have been awesome as always. The entertainment has been top notch, so many talented people. But its time to go home to be with the lovely Susana, and the dogs. I cant wait to see her and spend time together and enjoy some home life. I miss her everyday I am gone. I have not received my next ship or ships yet, I will update you when I find out more. Tim"

:( I was hoping he would still be on the Sun next month. Oh well such is life. :)

For the longest time back his home ship was the Norwegian Jewel... ah the memories! He was awesome and the Jewel was an awesome ship back in the day. Sadly most of the great crew and people who made the ship have gone to other ships, other lines or left working on cruise ships altogether. It's nice to know Tim is still around on the NCL fleet. :)

We saw Tim while on the Pearl last December, he was great, that "Wizard of Oz", show he does will have you rolling on the floor...He does great stuff at the piano bar in the lounges...Tim is so "personable" when we saw him with different passengers and crew at every port we stopped in, he always said "hey"... Just a fun guy and friendly...Timmy is what comedy should be about on cruises, can not say enough good things about him...

Enjoy your break and the family, look forward to seeing you again on another cruise...Thanks...

Rob

Grape vine has it NCL's phasing out stand up pro comedians .:(

Very disappointing if it comes to fruition. Second City desperately needs new material.

The "problem"with comedians is that there is always someone offended who takes to the internet to express their outrage . :rolleyes:

Of course the outrage can be mollified with a little OBC, or specialty dining.

Edited by Buford T Justiice

Tim is a great comedian but once was enough. Saw him several years ago on the Sky or Spirit and again on our TA with the Star last Oct. The routines and jokes were all identical, nothing new or upgraded. Guess you stay with what works but knowing all the punch lines and what was coming next took away from it. So don't expect something new if you see him again.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone who came off the Pearl recently happen to talk to Tim and ask how long he would be on board? Hoping he'll be on throughout the Alaska season, particularly when we sail the Pearl 8/30. Haven't seen him since the Sky many years ago. Great guy and fun act.