For everyone sailing out of the Port of Vancouver

I have to tell you... these were there when we sailed on 5/1. Did not help the mess that came along with 3 ships disembarking and embarking that day...

Did you and others use them? Or were most still going to the agents? That's too bad:(

Edited by Christine Frances

They were directing people to the machines (we did use one, but it read something wrong so we had to see an agent anyway....) but there were just so many people, and the port of vancouver folks managed it badly. Hoping your embarkation is smoother.

Although, I will say the celebrity did a good job of warning us, so we had lunch before heading over. At least nobody in my clan was hungry and cranky!

Yes, we used the machines just fine and then still had to meet briefly with an agent before proceeding.

I was reminded by someone in another thread that only two ships were embarking at Canada Place that morning (May 1). Imagining more than that still blows my mind. Vancouver has the longest embarkation of any port we've ever used (have embarked on three cruises, at both piers in Vancouver).

Are these the same type of machines that you use when you fly out of the Vancouver Airport?

Yes, the same ones are used at the airport for pre-clearance of U.S. Customs. They ask a few short questions and then you have your picture taken by the machine, and a receipt is printed out for each traveler.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Yes, the same ones are used at the airport for pre-clearance of U.S. Customs. They ask a few short questions and then you have your picture taken by the machine, and a receipt is printed out for each traveler.

Thanks for the reply --- since we have used the machines before it's comforting to know that we won't have to stress over the new process at embarkation. :)

Edited by Italy52