"LIVE" - Jewel of the Seas - 16 May 2015 - Royal returns to the West Coast

The popularity of west coast cruises showed early as this cruise filled up fast and the prices shot up. We elected to try an outside cabin as it was reasonably priced and we had never had a cabin with a window before. But several weeks ago we got a pleasant surprise when we received a C&A free upgrade to a balcony. The original cabin they assigned us was up forward, I think 7030. I prefer from the middle to the aft and there was another cabin open so we got moved to 7594.

I like the central location and I hope it's close proximity to the Business Center will help with the WiFi. Jewel does not have ship wide WiFI, just hot spots. The last time we were on Jewel that was the area of the ship I would generally go for WiFi.

17641408061_10b3d4e30e_b.jpg

Traveling along with you. We are going to be in room 7092 which is across the hall when we are on jewel for Xmas. If you get a chance can you let me know if the lifeboat cover restricts the view. Thanks and have a great cruise.

Traveling along with you. We are going to be in room 7092 which is across the hall when we are on jewel for Xmas. If you get a chance can you let me know if the lifeboat cover restricts the view. Thanks and have a great cruise.

I've heard it restricts seeing the water directly below. I will send pictures once on board

I see Jewel is making a visit in lovely Ensenada, can't wait to see her tomorrow.

17700017281_fe7bf5e46b_b.jpg

Awesome pics Bill, the weather has cleared up nice for you guys! It was raining cats n dogs this morning but around 1pm the sun was shinning and turned out to be a beautiful day here in SD. We get a little rain around here and the news is all " STORM WATCH 2015" ugh its just a little rain :D

We'll be on the Jewel in 2017 so I'll be really watching your review closely.

Have a great time at Petco and go Padres, we split with you guys a few days ago ;)

You will have a great sailaway tomorrow with the downtown skyline in the background, cant wait for those pics.

Have a great cruise!!!

At Petco Park for the Padres game.

096da6c482f90221fc827ec5978e995b.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Boy... these professional athletes seem to just be getting younger and younger all the time!!! :D

All packed, ready to leave our house in Oceanside to join you. Should be a wonderful cruise! Thanks for all the pre-sailing photos!

Art & Kathy

Art and Kathy,

We aren't packed but leaving our house in Oceanside in a bit, will join friends for dinner at Tom Ham's and we all will watch the Jewel sail away. Will wave to you two, Bill and Marie too.:D:D

Aaaaaagh!!!! I SOOOOOO wanna be there! :(:p

I knew I shoulda booked this cruise when it first came out last year.

Thx again for doing this live review Bill, I'll be quitely (and jealously ;)) following along :)

Enjoy your posts and pics, thanks for the time and effort...K.O.:)

Thanks, looks like it is clearing up for sail away too

Aaaaaagh!!!! I SOOOOOO wanna be there! :([emoji14]

I knew I shoulda booked this cruise when it first came out last year.

Thx again for doing this live review Bill, I'll be quitely (and jealously ;)) following along :)

Yeah, we booked this early as we figured it would fill up. Sorry

Here is the view from the balcony.

1931cb7e756897a95c8f19dd84bc7d4e.jpg

8ef1c06177e1634d26e5e5ab107662b0.jpg