Grandeur of the Seas.. Park Cafe?

Hey,

Hubby and I are going on Grandeur of the Seas in Oct. I keep reading about Grandeur of the Seas and I see Park Cafe keep coming up as another place to get food besides the Windjammer. Every ship I've been on didnt have a Park Cafe, if they did I dont remember. So my question is what do they serve there? When do they serve food too?

Thanks.

Hey,

Hubby and I are going on Grandeur of the Seas in Oct. I keep reading about Grandeur of the Seas and I see Park Cafe keep coming up as another place to get food besides the Windjammer. Every ship I've been on didnt have a Park Cafe, if they did I dont remember. So my question is what do they serve there? When do they serve food too?

Thanks.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things:

Breakfast: egg sandwiches, wraps, oatmeal, bagels, fruit.

Lunch: small sandwiches, wraps, salads, roast beef sandwiches.

Snacks: pizza, small sandwiches.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things:

Breakfast: egg sandwiches, wraps, oatmeal, bagels, fruit.

Lunch: small sandwiches, wraps, salads, roast beef sandwiches.

Snacks: pizza, small sandwiches.

In the evenings, they have cookies, brownies, and other goodies :). My son thought they had the best cookies.

Our last time on GR, we had lunch there on boarding day. I would grab a salad as an afternoon snack sometimes too. It's convenient and easier than the WJ especially on sea days when there's a lot of people grabbing lunch.

I was on the ship Oct 14 to Bermuda. The Park Cafe at night had things like burgers, hot dogs, fries, nacho chips, sometimes pasta and some desserts. It gets pretty busy at some points.The fries are awesome. There are drinks like tea, lemonade and water and coffee.

We were on Granduer in Feb 2015 love the ship but was not impressed with the park cafe or the serving staff there. Our first day aboard, I fell and broke my ankle, had to be in wheelchair for whole cruise. After seeing Dr and getting wheel chair, all eating venues were closed except Park Cafe. All the had was small dry sandwich, served on dinner roll or dry frozen pizza. We tried for room service but it was closed, due to noro, on the cruise before us. There was no information at all in our room, and guest service were not helpful to us at all. Did not impress me on our first Rccl cruise. The rest of cruise was good and room steward and windjammer crew awesome. I booked for Fed 2016 to give Rccl another chance, but will not eat in park cafe

A little more re: Park Café. They have a different delicious soup each day at lunch. Ask for a bag of potato chips, even you don't see any. The tuna salad is very good. Find a table on the shady side. It can get warm in there at lunch time. You are very close to the Solarium Bar. Have a beverage with lunch, especially on boarding day!

Rick and Deirdra

We were on Granduer in Feb 2015 love the ship but was not impressed with the park cafe or the serving staff there. Our first day aboard, I fell and broke my ankle, had to be in wheelchair for whole cruise. After seeing Dr and getting wheel chair, all eating venues were closed except Park Cafe. All the had was small dry sandwich, served on dinner roll or dry frozen pizza. We tried for room service but it was closed, due to noro, on the cruise before us. There was no information at all in our room, and guest service were not helpful to us at all. Did not impress me on our first Rccl cruise. The rest of cruise was good and room steward and windjammer crew awesome. I booked for Fed 2016 to give Rccl another chance, but will not eat in park cafe

You were getting the "late snacks" available at the Park Café. This is very limited fare, and not very good - available for those that need a late munchie.

The breakfast and lunch menus there are completely different, and many items are very good, you need to try it at those times.

A little more re: Park Café. They have a different delicious soup each day at lunch. Ask for a bag of potato chips, even you don't see any. The tuna salad is very good. Find a table on the shady side. It can get warm in there at lunch time. You are very close to the Solarium Bar. Have a beverage with lunch, especially on boarding day!

Rick and Deirdra

Hi Rick & Deirdra!

Agree with you about the packaged tuna salad sandwich. We stashed one in our cabin fridge for a next day snack at Labadee.

With little waiting, the Solarium Bar was my go to spot for a drink. :)

For those who have eaten there...do you recall seeing any gluten-free options? I have heard that they have GF cookies and even rolls if you ask for them. Just trying to plan for my cruise in 3 weeks :)

Hi Steve,

We'll probably spend pretty much time at the PC and the SB on our 6/19 GR cruise.

Did they have the canopy open much of the time when you were on GR? Do you remember who the cruise sales person was? We plan to book a few more while on board.

Thanks!

R&D

The only BAD thing at Park Café is the huge number of people who take up table space reading their books or playing cards leaving little space for people who would like to enjoy their meal. The crew disliked it too but were not allowed to say anything. It's a large ship, never could understand why those reading/card playing couldn't utilize other areas??

The only BAD thing at Park Café is the huge number of people who take up table space reading their books or playing cards leaving little space for people who would like to enjoy their meal. The crew disliked it too but were not allowed to say anything. It's a large ship, never could understand why those reading/card playing couldn't utilize other areas??

Well, since they took out quite a few loungers to put those tables in, we lost where we used to spend most of our day. In my opinion, while I like the Park Cafe option, they ruined that space as the "solarium". They actually took seating space out by putting the tables in. Before it was the Park Cafe, it's where they had pizza and they didn't need all those tables then, so not sure why they put more in and took out loungers. So, those sitting in there reading, etc are just trying to spend time where they used to be able to lounge and read. I've never heard or seen the crew have any opinion about the space on any of our GR cruises since the reno.

Edited by BND

Hi Steve,

We'll probably spend pretty much time at the PC and the SB on our 6/19 GR cruise.

Did they have the canopy open much of the time when you were on GR? Do you remember who the cruise sales person was? We plan to book a few more while on board.

Thanks!

R&D

Happy to report the roof was retracted for much of our cruise. What a difference it makes!

Don't remember the name of our sales person, who was relatively new to RCI. Her name is not on our booking confirmation. James Lugue, the Cruise Sales Manager, was busy with another customer at the time. Happy shopping!