Two for Select Dining and Select Dining for TWO

Pat&Paul

Can we really expect to get a table for two in Select Dining or is that unrealistic? Would love to hear your experiences for tables for TWO...(for tea and tea for me)...lol

Edited by Pat&Paul
additional text

Yes you can get a table for 2. At peak times you may have to wait a couple of minutes. I will say that many of the tables for two are are very close together so you can generally hear your neighbors conversation.

Can we really expect to get a table for two in Select Dining or is that unrealistic? Would love to hear your experiences for tables for TWO...(for tea and tea for me)...lol

We have done select dining the past 2 cruises and always get a table for 2, and as stated the tables are close together so if you want to have a conversation or not you can do that. We make a reservation around 6:30 and have not had a wait. The time we make the reservation depends on what time we leave port.

Enjoy

Wilma

Never had a problem. Have never reserved in advance and have always been seated straight away. Not sure if this will be the same on our next cruise as luminae has pushed more people into select dining. As has been said the tables are very close but as a result we have met some lovely people this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've done 2 Celebrity cruises and have never had a problem always getting a table for two. I think once or twice we had to wait maybe 5 minutes... mind you we are early eaters. We like 6 to 6:30-ish. Hubs and I still feel like newlyweds and are never at a lack for conversation. We are all the company we want and table for two is always our preference.

We always get a table for 2 even if that means us having to wait. If there are none available, you will be asked to take a seat in Cellar Masters opposite and they will come and collect you when your table is ready. We have never had to wait longer that 15 mins and we always go around 8.00-8.30 which seems a busy time.

I see that you are sailing on Infinity. If you would prefer a quieter table with more privacy (which we always do) just let them know as there are tables like this. You could ask for a table against the railing so you could see down to the lower deck of the dining room- you will have the railing on 1 side of the table and the walkway on the other so no other table right next to you.

If there are none of these available, there are also 4 or 5 tables for 2 as you enter the dining room on the right up against the wall. Many people don't like these as there is a lot of passing traffic and they are close to the entrance but we don't mind them.

We have always found the crew to be very accommodating with our preferred requests.

On two recent Solstice cruises we have never had a problem & never had to wait.If you want a certain time any night just call & make a reservation during that day.

Edited by Martinjjd

Never had a problem. Have never reserved in advance and have always been seated straight away. Not sure if this will be the same on our next cruise as luminae has pushed more people into select dining. As has been said the tables are very close but as a result we have met some lovely people this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know, thank you! We will be in Aqua next cruise, but great information for the future.

We recently spent 34 days on the Solstice. We prefer to dine around 7:00-7:30 (peak time), never make reservations, and always ask for a table for 2. That being said, we only had a 5 or so minute wait one time. Otherwise, we were seated right away. Also, they were constructing the new Suite Restaurant in the lower dining room while we were there, and it did not seem to impact seating at all. We tried Select Dining when it first became available and became instant converts!!! We love the flexibility it offers to dine when we choose at a table for two. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Yes you can get a table for 2. At peak times you may have to wait a couple of minutes. I will say that many of the tables for two are are very close together so you can generally hear your neighbors conversation.

That was our experience on the Silhouette. The longest we waited was just a few minutes once or twice.