NCL Epic Aft Balcony Deck 9

I have read many reviews of these cabins and still can't make my mind up- have the option to 'upgrade' from a mid ship balcony to aft balcony on deck 9 and just have a few questions.

Is it worth it?

I have heard of the violent vibrations when coming into/leaving port- i don't mind this.

But are there smaller vibrations the rest of the time?

Like to keep balcony door open at night- but will this be too loud in an aft cabin, especially deck 9 as this is quite low down?

Any other insights?

Go for it! We had aft on deck 9 of Getaway a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. I wouldn't say violent vibrations as I slept through one time docking and I am a light sleeper. The views are amazing and I don't know if the Epic does this but the Getaway usually backs into ports so leaving the ports is a great opportunity to sit on the balcony, take in the views and snap pictures. The sound isn't very loud and you could sleep with the door open.

violent vibrations is an over exaggeration.We only do aft cabins on all ships and on the Epic you will hear or feel minor vibes as the engines start up or go into reverse but its hardly noticeable and can easily sleep through it as other poster stated.

The other noticeable difference being aft is that there is next to nil traffic going by your door at all hours.

Edited by Ilovesailing

We had an aft-facing balcony on Deck 9 on the Epic in April. There WERE vibrations and noise, but they were only while we were arriving or leaving a port. Nothing during actual sailing time. We left the balcony door open every night. The Wake was loud at first, but then we got used to it and it lulled us to sleep every night. DH still talks about our cabin location and how he loved it.

Just like ILoveSailing, we sail only in aft cabins. It's the place to be, best seats in the house. Did two trans-Atlantics on the Epic. When you leave your cabin, hang a sharp left or right and open the door with the porthole straight ahead. It's the staircase with a great view to the side. J.

I finally got an aft on the Epic on our last cruise. Sorry to say, was not that impressed. I did like the privacy and the slightly larger size but prefer the views from a regular balcony. Did not notice much vibrations. Also a long walk from cabin to most venues as they were forward