Question about booking FTTF

Bases5

When you looked every day to book was it there and said Sold Out or

was it not showing up at all.

Most cruises I have booked, FTTF shows as Sold Out

Our OCT cruise on the Valor from Port Canaveral it's not even offered.

You click on it and there is nothing.

has anyone else have this happen?

I'm platinum so no worries here but I have been looking for family members traveling with us

It's generally not available until abut 6 months out. Then it sells out very quickly when it does become available to you need to check everyday. Availability is usually in blocks of 10 or 15 and then depending on how many diamond etc book onto that cruise, they may open more closer to the date.

I'm platinum so no worries here but I have been looking for family members traveling with us

Right now, when I click on Miami, which is my embarkation port. It just shows no excursions listed at all. I believe if FTTF is sold out it will be listed and when you click on it to buy it, it says "sold out". If they haven't released it for sale it doesn't show up at all.

What is fttf??

Welcome to cruise critic!

FTTF is faster to the Fun which is a service you buy to be treated as a VIP when you cruise. It gives you early embarkation, early disembark, priority tendering, cabin ready earlier, luggage delivered earlier, and access to priority line at guest services. Cost is $60 per cabin.

I caught 1 Fttf for our Nov 28 2015 cruise 2 months ago and I need another one, I also keep getting 0 of 0 excursions available for Port Canaveral maybe since the price has went up 10.00 their updating buf the theory they don't release until closer cruise date did not apply with Fttf purchase. I watch a couple times daily but have not seen anymore available yet.:rolleyes: Will keep checking.

We are also booked on Valor in October (Eastern Caribbean) and before the website change it said Sold Out, but it has shown absolutely NO excursions in Port Canaveral since the switch. I asked about it and was advised that they are no longer offering excursions out of that port PERIOD. How long that will last, I have no idea. I still check multiple times a day.

This is our first cruise, and I am surprising my husband for our 10 year anniversary. I would love to score a FTTF!

It seems Carnival released FTTF this morning for lots of cruises in October and November. Time to check!

About four weeks ago I booked Valor for December 12th and FTTF was available at the time. So I guess dependent on the ship/date it can definitely available even further than six months out - that would have been what? 7 1/2 months?

Good luck Mrs. Hurly on nabbing one for your cruise!

We have an all day independent excursion in Belize and wanted that priority tendering. It's not on my bucket list to be a pier runner!

Edited by Bobblefrog

They won't make the FTTFs available until they have a good idea as to how many Platinums and Diamonds will be on board. So it depends on how fast your cruise sells, therefore there is no set date for it to be released. It could be anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! How have I never heard of this??? This is our 8th Carnival cruise! And I suppose I should consider myself incredibly lucky?? Today is coincidentally exactly 6 months out from our Oct 31 cruise. I just looked and it IS available. Seems like a steal for $49.95. Especially since it's a 14 day cruise with a LOT of ports. So priority tender could prove useful. From the reviews of the program, it sounds like they've got some work to do organizing the priority tender boarding, but there's six months before the cruise, so I am confident it will improve! I love cruise critic! So much to learn from fellow cruisers! :)

We're on Splendor for the Dec 13th cruise and we purchased our FTTF for both of our cabins on Feb 28th, the day we booked. Not sure WHAT criteria CCL uses in determining when it goes on sale. :confused:

I just bought it for a five day and it was $59.95. FAQ shows for less than 5 should be $49.95 and $59.95 for 5 days or more.

I noticed it said "from $49.95" in the excursion listings....couldn't figure out why there would be different prices. There happened to be one available for my 5 day sailing at the time, but for $60 I decided to be a little slower to the fun..LOL!

There happened to be one available for my 5 day sailing at the time, but for $60 I decided to be a little slower to the fun..LOL!

I am with you. I show up a little later. That way I don't have to feel like I am livestock being poked, prodded, stepped on and over in some cases by other cruisers rushing through the cattle chute just to be the first one onboard (or slaughtered).

Save your $$$.