Breeze - Specialty Restaurants

js

Thank you all so much for such detailed responses.

I am really asking about the specialty restaurants where we pay a fee.

Is it correct there are three?

I want to book the specialty restaurants.

Thanks.

There is another one. The chef's table. $75/pp. worth every penny.

Unless they have changed it, they offer a "free" bottle of wine if you book the steakhouse on the first night. I have to say that the steak on the Breeze is tied for the best steak I have ever eaten. So tender and delicious. A steal for $35 pp. (and for the record, my steak experience is not limited to sizzler.. lol).

Bonsai Sushi was pretty good, but we did not eat at the Italian Place.

Red Frog Pub (not to be confused with Red Frog Rum Bar) had ala carte snack foods, and was also one of my favorite places on the ship. Quiet and comfortable. :)

I am hoping to get a few photos of the Breeze on my new blog over the next few days.

I have started the review of the Breeze. I got as far as embarkation day. Due to a hard drive crash shortly after returning from the trip, I am missing many of my photos, but hopefully can pull together enough to get a decent review together. Take a peek... be gentle, the site is new :)

Yes. Thank you.

As YubaSutter says, the best way is to send an email to the steakhouse manager or the maitre'd (both should work). I have done 5 CT's and enjoyed them all, it is wonderful evening of food, wine and conversations. Eat lightly before you attend. The menu is somewhat eclectic but well worth the time and cost.

I have started the review of the Breeze. I got as far as embarkation day. Due to a hard drive crash shortly after returning from the trip, I am missing many of my photos, but hopefully can pull together enough to get a decent review together. Take a peek... be gentle, the site is new :)

Very nice site, obviously a lot of work and effort went into it.

Are children allowed into the steakhouse and Italian place and if so, do they get a break on the pricing?

Yes and no. They are allowed and the price is the price. We have had younger children attend the steakhouse and asked about billing. Their reply was that if they not order a meal there is no charge. They actually did provide pasta or something along those lines for free. All that being said, it is a long meal (approx 2 hours) and is asking a lot of a small child to sit thru. The child we had with us was 4 and ended up going to camp ocean half way thru. I would imagine Cucina would be the same (maybe more lenient but not sure), certainly less time though.

Yes and no. They are allowed and the price is the price. We have had younger children attend the steakhouse and asked about billing. Their reply was that if they not order a meal there is no charge. They actually did provide pasta or something along those lines for free. All that being said, it is a long meal (approx 2 hours) and is asking a lot of a small child to sit thru. The child we had with us was 4 and ended up going to camp ocean half way thru. I would imagine Cucina would be the same (maybe more lenient but not sure), certainly less time though.

Thank you for the response. So would you say the meal is longer or shorter than the typical MDR meal? Those are not fast by any measure, we always enjoyed it and our son does as well. On our last cruise I saw they had added a coloring book menu and crayons for the kids. I thought that was a nice improvement.

I see this as well with NCL. What is the problem with having children's portions and children's pricing? These are family cruises, children will be on board and if they don't want children in the restaurant, just say so. Disney, built on parents' wallets, doesn't have a problem barring children from their fine dining restaurant on the ships or even at their resorts.

Back on topic, does anyone know if the steakhouse still does the free bottle of wine on the first night? And if so, is it any good?

Thank you for the response. So would you say the meal is longer or shorter than the typical MDR meal? Those are not fast by any measure, we always enjoyed it and our son does as well. On our last cruise I saw they had added a coloring book menu and crayons for the kids. I thought that was a nice improvement.

I see this as well with NCL. What is the problem with having children's portions and children's pricing? These are family cruises, children will be on board and if they don't want children in the restaurant, just say so. Disney, built on parents' wallets, doesn't have a problem barring children from their fine dining restaurant on the ships or even at their resorts.

Back on topic, does anyone know if the steakhouse still does the free bottle of wine on the first night? And if so, is it any good?

It used to be longer, but the last couple of times it was between 1 1/2 hours to a little under two hours. This was the only time we entered with a child (ours are grown and have some of their own now) and they seemed to go over backwards to ensure he (and the rest of us) was happy. They still do the free bottle of wine on the first night and first formal night. It is OK wine, maybe a $15 per bottle in a store.

We took two very small children with us on two nights of our Breeze cruise to Cucina. Children are more than welcome and dinner was no where near two hours long. The 2.5 year old ordered from the children's menu, which was $5 at the time. He had the spaghetti and meatballs both evenings and the serving size was large enough for two adults. The youngest child mostly ate baby food and wasn't charged anything.

We took two very small children with us on two nights of our Breeze cruise to Cucina. Children are more than welcome and dinner was no where near two hours long. The 2.5 year old ordered from the children's menu, which was $5 at the time. He had the spaghetti and meatballs both evenings and the serving size was large enough for two adults. The youngest child mostly ate baby food and wasn't charged anything.

Thank you, that seems much more reasonable. Our son loves pasta, so I'm sure we will visit Cucina at least one night.