Day use hotel near FLL or MIA?

Cruznjuly

I thought I read something about a new hotel in the area offering day rooms, but I can't find it, even though I thought I had marked it. A Google search reveals Rodeway Inn and I know I wouldn't have bookmarked that.

Any help please?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I read something about a new hotel in the area offering day rooms, but I can't find it, even though I thought I had marked it. A Google search reveals Rodeway Inn and I know I wouldn't have bookmarked that.

Any help please?

Thanks!

Renaissance is doing it; FLL 17th St. Not cheap, but very convenient.

I believe that the Miami International Airport hotel located inside concourse E at MIA offers day room rates.

Yes - but no pool. Great if you want a shower or a nap; otherwise, not so good.

I booked a day room from 10:00 to 5:00 at the Renaissance in Ft. Lauderdale for February. It was $95 plus tax. It isn't cheap but will split the cost with another person. Our flight is not until 8:30 pm. It will give us a place to rest, eat lunch and use the pool before flying home.

Because it is a holiday weekend a lot of hotels are not taking reservations for day rooms as they are booked up so I am glad I was able to at least get one..

I booked a day room from 10:00 to 5:00 at the Renaissance in Ft. Lauderdale for February. It was $95 plus tax. It isn't cheap but will split the cost with another person. Our flight is not until 8:30 pm. It will give us a place to rest, eat lunch and use the pool before flying home.

Because it is a holiday weekend a lot of hotels are not taking reservations for day rooms as they are booked up so I am glad I was able to at least get one..

You could always hit the beach with a short cab ride or the sun trolley. ( or work off the ship calories with a walk.) I think I would explore more than the 17th St area. You have so much time, especially if you haven't before.

FYI for those booking Renaissance.. if you have a car, you'll need to pay $25 parking!

For an overnight stay this is normal ( even low) for downtown area hotels. And certainly if one had a car, you wouldn't need a day room.

$40-$50 for parking in cities like Chicago makes Ft L a bargain.:D

$40-$50 for parking in cities like Chicago makes Ft L a bargain.:D

My nephew was in Manhattan a couple of weeks ago and overnight parking was $60 a night!

Edited by capriccio

We won't have a car and have also been to Ft. Lauderdale many times before so don't need to do the beach, shop or sight see. Our airlines doesn't participate in Luggage Valet so figured a day room would be the best thing.

Don't want to sit in the airport all day.

We won't have a car and have also been to Ft. Lauderdale many times before so don't need to do the beach, shop or sight see. Our airlines doesn't participate in Luggage Valet so figured a day room would be the best thing.

Don't want to sit in the airport all day.

How do you know if your airline participates in Luggage valet? I tried to look it up on the Carnival site and seem to think I remember hearing something about this but never took advantage. I am getting off the Breeze in MIA and then flying out of FLL and my flight is at 410. I was thinking a day room as well but I am not sure how I would get there?

The cruise line should be able to tell you if your airline participates with them - but in your case I suspect a one way car rental (Miami to FLL) and putting the bags in the trunk is your best/cheapest option. That way you can go where you want, do what you want, and then drop the car at FLL 90-120 minutes before your flight.