New to NCL - On Spirit in the Caribbean

Moomduck1

Hi,

We are new to NCL. Have only cruised 3 times on HAL before. Our kids (in their mid-twenties) and spouses requested that we try a new cruise line with more to do for their age. Hopefully, this ship/cruise line will be more appealing to them. Thoughts?

We will be staying in 3 cabins on the 4th floor, more aft than mid. Any comments on this area of cabins?

Anything anyone can tell me about recent experiences on the Spirit?

I feel like I somewhat knew what I was doing on a HAL cruise, but I feel like I haven't a clue on this cruise.

Thanks in advance!

I've had lots of great experience on board the Spirit... It's a nice ship. It's smaller than most of the ships in the fleet these days, but it never seems to feel crowded aboard her.

There is plenty to do each day, just consult the Freestyle Daily newspaper that gets delivered to your cabin each night for the next day's activities.

The rooms on deck four are typical for cruise ship inside and outside cabins. They are a tad bit smaller than what you may have experienced on HAL.

Have your kids cruised HAL before? We took our mid 20ish daughter and son-in-law on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam last Christmas and had a great time. Having said that, you will almost certainly find a younger demographic on a NCL Spirit Caribbean itinerary. I can't comment on the Spirit as I've not sailed her, but I did put several groups of seniors on her when she was in New Orleans.

The Spirit is the oldest ship in the NCL fleet but it is quite nice inside. Lots of brass, wood. Look for pics from Computerworks or tmackel. Rooms look kind of dated. Going in December but last time was in 2007.