Caye Caulker off Belize

fishschtick

:) Many years ago we boated from Belize City to Caye Caulker. It was a great place with no cars on the island and lobster pie.

We went to a restaurant at the dock (seems like it was called Mama's or something) and rode out there with a guy named Chocolate. He was reputable and dependable. There were lots of boats that went out to Caye Caulker.

Has anyone done this lately? Is there enough time to do this on our day in Belize?

Thanks,

Fish

Shark/Ray Alley is near Caye Caulker, and there are water taxis to Caye Caulker as well. There are excursions to go there. Not knowing what ship/port time you have there, I could not say for sure, but would say its quite likely you can make it.

One vendor we have booked with (2 different times) in Belize is Coral Breeze Limited. Go to the Ports of Call page for Belize and you will likey find some other references.

Jay

Hey Fish, Went on my own to Caye Caulker several years ago while on a cruise. You have to take the tender to the main land. Once there walk through the store area to the street behind. Make a left on this street and walk to the Marine Terminal. Once there buy a round trip ticket to Caye Caulker. A little bit of Spanish will come in handy. Make sure you know the time of the last tender back to the ship. The last thing you want to do is miss that tender. Caye Caulker is still as you described. I didn't get any lobster pie though. Have fun and know the times of all the connections you have to make. Bon Voyage

Joeyancho, thanks for the reply! Sounds good! Glad to hear it is still as I described. No, I wouldn't want to miss that last tender so will check that all out. I was surprised you mentioned knowing some Spanish. As I recall they were talking English in the "Yah Mon" variety. Very melodic English.

Bon Voyage to you too!:D

Archived