Is Jewel going into drydock?

You are correct. They are missing from NCL.COM; but still showing at other on-line travel sites.

It will be interesting to see what the deal is. I know from the past that NCL swapped out the Sun for the Jewel on a trip that was over a year out and I first found out about it here on CC. There were websites that still had the Jewel sailing for about 3 weeks which is also about the time NCL officially notified me. Don't recall what the NCL site showed right after the change.

I called up NCL to see if my Feb cruise is still happening and it was very difficult to understand what they were saying. They said I still had a reservation, but I couldn't tell if they understood that I was saying those dates were no longer showing up on ncl.com

Of course, they said we'd be compensated if the cruise was cancelled.

Very helpful.

Seems a lot of groups are holding cabins and any extra cabins they don't use are not going to be released until 120 out from sailing..I'm trying to find a group planner that may have cabins available for this sailing if anyone knows of any can you let me know Thanks

Edited by mac07

Seems a lot of groups are holding cabins and any extra cabins they don't use are not going to be released until 120 out from sailing..I'm trying to find a group planner that may have cabins available for this sailing if anyone knows of any can you let me know Thanks

I found one but not with any cabins we liked so going with a different Cruise line..

I talked to Norwegian the other day and they told me that my Feb 21st cruise hasn't been cancelled YET. She confirmed they are not taking any new reservations for that 4 week period at this time.

Next, she told me that the "Canadian cruises" are in greater jeopardy of cancellation. I have no idea what she meant by that, maybe someone else does.

I guess the real tragedy here is that if they do cancel this cruise they won't transfer our free UBP to a different cruise. We just lose it. I'm not really upset about that, I'd just like to be able to make plans.

You are correct. They are missing from NCL.COM; but still showing at other on-line travel sites.

Hi, Calex!

Yesterday our PCC said she received an email about a charter on the Jewel in February 2016. I didn't ask for more details because that's not the ship we are looking at now.

I talked to Norwegian the other day and they told me that my Feb 21st cruise hasn't been cancelled YET. She confirmed they are not taking any new reservations for that 4 week period at this time.

Next, she told me that the "Canadian cruises" are in greater jeopardy of cancellation. I have no idea what she meant by that, maybe someone else does.

I guess the real tragedy here is that if they do cancel this cruise they won't transfer our free UBP to a different cruise. We just lose it. I'm not really upset about that, I'd just like to be able to make plans.

We had two cruises scheduled on the Epic in October this year until they decided to put her into dry dock. After seeing online that our cruise had been removed, we finally received a letter letting us know of the cancellation, and they had moved us onto the same cruise but a different date.

We decided to move across onto another ship and different itinerary. They transferred all of our benefits across to our new cruise, and we were also compensated. We kept the UBP exactly as it had been booked originally, and also kept our bonus for booking nine month out in advance.

If there is a change, you stand a good chance of being looked after without losing the benefits that you originally booked with.

Hi, Calex!

Yesterday our PCC said she received an email about a charter on the Jewel in February 2016. I didn't ask for more details because that's not the ship we are looking at now.

Wouldn't it be nice if they added a couple of Panama Canal cruises between Los Angeles and Miami during those 4 weeks aboard the Jewel? Especially now that they are in short supply and the unsatisfied demand for this trip after the Star was cancelled in April. Most likely a block of charter cruises with an entertainment theme will be marketed soon.

Looks like you had a great trip on the Dawn's northbound reposition based on the 7354 posts on its roll call that nearly crashed Cruise Critic. Hoping the fun you experienced can be mirrored by us on the Southbound reposition in October... fearing they will need to work on the Dawn's Azipods like her sister the Star in April.

Edited by calex

I called to see what the last information was that they had about our booking for the Jewel out of Los Angeles Feb 14-21 and the answer was very "cryptic" to say the least. I was told that they aren't accepting any new reservations for that three week period (2/14-2/21, 2/21-2/28, 2/28-3/6) but the cruise is still scheduled. "Richard" said that they took those weeks out of the system for some reason but they may be posted again closer to the sailing date.

My gut tells me that there has to be a reason that they took those dates down for new bookings. And my gut also tells me that if it wasn't something potentially negative for those of us who already have bookings, they would disclose what was up. The not knowing is a bit troubling but I have my fingers crossed. It wouldn't be a big deal except that we booked that specific sailing because it is the week of school vacation week and we meeting west coast friends who are also booked on that sailing.

Time will tell I suppose.

I called to see what the last information was that they had about our booking for the Jewel out of Los Angeles Feb 14-21 and the answer was very "cryptic" to say the least. I was told that they aren't accepting any new reservations for that three week period (2/14-2/21, 2/21-2/28, 2/28-3/6) but the cruise is still scheduled. "Richard" said that they took those weeks out of the system for some reason but they may be posted again closer to the sailing date.

My gut tells me that there has to be a reason that they took those dates down for new bookings. And my gut also tells me that if it wasn't something potentially negative for those of us who already have bookings, they would disclose what was up. The not knowing is a bit troubling but I have my fingers crossed. It wouldn't be a big deal except that we booked that specific sailing because it is the week of school vacation week and we meeting west coast friends who are also booked on that sailing.

Time will tell I suppose.

I, too, am concerned as I'm a teacher and can only cruise that week. We need to book flights from Upstate NY. I called my PCC, Orane, and he assures me that we have nothing to worry about. He said the ship was, indeed, chartered that week but that our reservations were fine and that I could go ahead and book airline tickets with no worries. I guess I'll do that and then book my trip insurance as well!!

~Joanne

• 2 weeks later...

Cancelled!

My husband got an email today notifying us that our 2/21/2016 cruise was cancelled, we lost our free UBP and we have to sign up for a new cruise or lose all of our credit card points that we had put towards it.

It's probably for the best. The cruise we just took to Bermuda was just so so. I was kind of sea sick for most of it. We will probably reserve something at a later date.

I got the email, too, cancelling our cruise for February 14. We didn't lose our perks as long as we re-booked for a different date on the Jewel. I booked for March 27 and got everything we already had plus the additional $100 OBC they offered.

Joanne