Radiance class ships - smaller?

Our first cruise was on the Jewel almost 10 years ago. We absolutely loved her! Since then we've sailed each of larger classes at least once. The last few years have been all Oasis class. This July we sail her again to Alaska. I'm interested to see how I feel after sailing the larger ships. I'll miss the promenade but I love the solarium. I really think the Jewel is something special and I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what.

Going from a Nile riverboat to Majesty of the Seas was an eye-opener. Going from Majesty of the Seas to Serenade of the Seas, just as much so. Now that we've cruised on an even-larger ship (Disney Dream) I worry about "downsizing" back to Radiance-class to cruise Alaska, but truly they're all "big enough". The major cruise lines no longer operate cruise ships small enough to invoke my innate fears about being trapped on a raft in the middle of the sea.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if RCCL started running Alaska cruises exclusively with Explorer-class ships.

Edited by bicker

We wanted to try out the different sizes, "for future reference". Personally, I liked the Serenade(Radiance Class) and Navigator(Voyager Class)very much. The Allure was a good choice for the Trans Atlantic we did because of the extra attractions and shows to fill up the sea days, but, I preferred the other classes in general.

Our upcoming booking was made with with size in mind. Back to a roughly 2000 pax ship on the Summit.

Edited by L454S

I do feel a bit claustrophobic in the shops area on Radiance and Vision class ships. However, the rest of the ship does not feel crowded to me.

I forgot about this area of the ship, and yes, this is also the area where it felt a bit crowded, especially when they have those sale tables out.

Radiance class may be smaller in size but definitely not in Wow factor. In fact in beauty it ranks #1 in my book...no offense to the other superb RCI ships. I've done both Jewel and Brilliance they are simply massive yachts. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Totally agree, the RCL Radiance Class is the 'class' of the RCL fleet.:)

In fact in beauty it ranks #1 in my book..

I agree with you.

While I havent been on every class yet, I have seen many pictures and I also agree with your statement as well.

Edited by ryano

As I posted earlier, for having so much WOW, I can't believe I don't remember her at all after a 12 night voyage.