New "Extra" OBC offer from Celebrity - valid thru 5/26/15 for cruises July-Dec 2015

MisterBill99

I just noticed a new offer on the Celebrity website valid thru the day after Memorial Day (5/26). It can be combined with the Pick Your Perk offer and anything else your TA will give you. I just booked a cruise last night and my TA was able to add it to the reservation today, so in addition to the free beverage package (from Celebrity) and prepaid gratuities and a generous OBC (from my TA), I also got an extra $100 from Celebrity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/extra-onboard-credit-offer

I just got email from Celebrity about this, titled "We’ve got something extra for you on your next vacation."

Fine print:

To qualify for the Extra Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked May 20 – 25, 2015 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 4-night or longer cruise that departs between July – Dec. 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific and repositioning cruises. OBC is per stateroom and based on category class purchased: $50 inside and ocean view; $100 verandas, Concierge Class and AquaClass; $300 Suites. Promo name is Extra Sale. No promo code required. Offer is combinable with Pick Your Perk Offer when booking an ocean view or higher stateroom. Guests receive 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page and select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Celebrity's cancellation policy applies, including but not limited to full cancellation penalty amounts.

Edited by MisterBill99

I noticed a large online agency was not offering this bonus, so I asked about it on their FB page. Their answer was that their current OBC was more than what Celebrity was offering. That may be true, but I was under the impression that the agencies gave you perks in addition to the cruise line. Fortunately the agent I booked with (at a different company) gave it to me in addition to the OBC her agency was giving me, which was identical to what the aforementioned agency was offering, even with their special coupon code.

I should note that this same agency offers a beverage package and not the choice of Pick Your Perk, so I guess they have a special deal with Celebrity.

Edited by MisterBill99

I got $100 price reduction during the Mothers day sale. The price has now gone back up the $100 and they are offering $100 OBC. It's a wash.

Depends on the cruise. I booked a guarantee veranda that was several hundred dollars less than the normal 2C/2B price (and much lower than it had been at any point per the fish site). Plus I got the $100 OBC, free drink package and nice perks from my TA.

I noticed a large online agency was not offering this bonus, so I asked about it on their FB page. Their answer was that their current OBC was more than what Celebrity was offering. That may be true, but I was under the impression that the agencies gave you perks in addition to the cruise line. Fortunately the agent I booked with (at a different company) gave it to me in addition to the OBC her agency was giving me, which was identical to what the aforementioned agency was offering, even with their special coupon code.

I should note that this same agency offers a beverage package and not the choice of Pick Your Perk, so I guess they have a special deal with Celebrity.

I know we are not allowed to mention TA or Agencies on this board but would love to know what online Agency you book with, is it possible to message me on here or can you send me an email: karista1@bigpond.com.

Our Aussie TA's don't seem to give us any extra perks, did get a small amount last year when I booked an NCL Hawaii cruise with an online US Agency.

Would really love to find out. We have a Celebrity Cruise booked in March next year and got a pretty good deal but it was offered by Celebrity and TA didn't offer anything else:- A Guarantee Balcony Cabin for the price of an Inside and Pick Your Perk (Bev Pge) but had to pay full deposit and not any OBC from the TA.

Just interested as we want to book another one home from Hawaii next year.

Thanks, Karen

Thanks for mentioning this! We booked a trip on the Reflection for a cruise over the week of Thanksgiving. We booked the trip last week, but I called Celebrity and we were able to get this special offer. A great deal (we took the drink package option). Thanks again!

Thanks for mentioning this! We booked a trip on the Reflection for a cruise over the week of Thanksgiving. We booked the trip last week, but I called Celebrity and we were able to get this special offer. A great deal (we took the drink package option). Thanks again!

MochaCat I am on that exact same sailing and we booked last week as well. Did you call today and get this promo added to your booking? I am going to call my TA and see if I can get the additional $100 OBC as well.