Anniversary Promotion

luvcruisn'

Is it likely that cruise fares will decrease by $400, the amount of the HAL anniversary promotion, also labelled shore excursion credit, when June 1, the cutoff date is passed? I am looking at booking a cruise with that credit, but wonder if it's better to wait and see if prices go down. Right now on the cruise I am looking at, an inside and an outside cabin cost the same amount, which could change in the next few weeks.The outside cabin has the extra $400 credit, while the inside cabin doesn't have that credit.

Edited by luvcruisn'

Is it likely that cruise fares will decrease by $400' date=' the amount of the HAL anniversary promotion, also labelled shore excursion credit, when June 1, the cutoff date is passed? I am looking at booking a cruise with that credit, but wonder if it's better to wait and see if prices go down. Right now on the cruise I am looking at, an inside and an outside cabin cost the same amount, which could change in the next few weeks.The outside cabin has the extra $400 credit, while the inside cabin doesn't have that credit.[/quote']

Why not book it now? Then you are in the driver's seat. If the price goes down sufficiently, you can opt for the lower price and give up the anniversary sale benefits?

You just need to keep your eye on the price or use a site that notifies you of price changes. HAL honours price reductions up until final payment.

As someone who closely monitors future bookings for fare reductions, I can tell you (at least for the Caribbean) that I am seeing far fewer than in the past.

Either fares go up or stay the same but with perks removed.

Why not book it now? Then you are in the driver's seat. If the price goes down sufficiently, you can opt for the lower price and give up the anniversary sale benefits?

You just need to keep your eye on the price or use a site that notifies you of price changes. HAL honours price reductions up until final payment.

Good advice if you are prior to Final Payment Date, as you can go either way via a phone call to your TA to change it.

If you are past FPD, this strategy may not work, as HAL does not have to do anything for you (they often do make some adjustment, but likely you will not get the whole amount).

Thank you all for your comments. I have put a hold on a cabin for now' date=' with further payment next week. Final payment is not for a month yet.[/quote']

perfect. you are in the driver's seat and have 30 days to see what happens and/or decide.