Reporting Semi-Live from NCL Gem 5-23-15

seadog67

Seadog thank you so much. This has to be one of the best reviews/ live from's I've ever followed. I can't sleep for anticipation of boarding the Gem today. I know you are already feeling the stirrings of post cruise blues but your cruise will stay with all of us for a long time. Thank you again for being such a generous soul. Safe travels home.

Thank you Britchick I appreciate it and am glad it was enjoyable!

Hope you have a great trip this week and that the weather is as nice as we had!

Safe travels and thanks for following all week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://vimeo.com/129292230

Everytime without fail when I sail back into ny I get the wonder in my head of all those early immigrants sailing this same route and the feelings they must have experienced starting a new life in a new home..as well as what the first explorers felt the first time sailing this area.. Of course without the skyscrapers [emoji3] .. Still sends chills thru me thinking if it

Thanks the reply on the reservations. And, such an incredible picture of the Freedom Tower. Wow! Thank you for sharing your cruise!

Your welcome! Thank you for following and checking in!

Thanks for an awesome trip report, seadog!

Gem is just pulling into port right now, 7:03am.

Bravo. Welcome home.

:) :)

~Robin

It has been an unbelievable pleasure "sailing" with you this week. Thank you so much.

Thanks Robin and redfantum! It was a great week!

Once we are home I have a few extra neat photos to share once I find them lol.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the best review I've ever seen!

We will be on the Gem in June for the sixth time, love the Gem!

Thanks luvbeaches! Hope you have a super time on the gem, we love her as well!

Our next planned cruise is on the Breakaway on August 30th to Bermuda. Ncl has a great offer where you can pick one of 4 perks. We were able to get a Haven Suite which we are excited for!

42751d857c781b26fa1af64843473c2f.jpg

We were able to get in a courtyard penthouse:

200c6e2b9c5399c2f09ae91fdc5d5bc2.jpg

Since my last two "live froms"went well and were enjoyable I plan to try for a third trip to report live from the Breakaway!

Thanks to everyone who followed and participated in the thread, it was equally as enjoyable for me as well!

I will look for the roll-call thread if there is one for 8/30 as well.

See you all onboard the next time, and I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer!!

Seadog67

Welcome back to NY, safe trip getting home sweet home shortly - trust you are enjoying that breakfast before disembarkation (and, not exactly in a big hurry to vacate your "spot") - nice morning - wearing shorts are just fine, feeling just like FL with this comfortable temperature. Really, really appreciated all the info picitures and videos.

P.S. There are unsold cabins on today's sailing ;) :D in case you wanted to stay on, LOL. :cool:

Edited by mking8288

Welcome back to NY, safe trip getting home sweet home shortly - trust you are enjoying that breakfast before disembarkation (and, not exactly in a big hurry to vacate your "spot") - nice morning - wearing shorts are just fine, feeling just like FL with this comfortable temperature. Really, really appreciated all the info picitures and videos.

P.S. There are unsold cabins on today's sailing ;) :D in case you wanted to stay on, LOL. :cool:

Lol mking that unsold cabins cracked me up! Have three pups heading home to get and receive our crazy welcome home with slobbering kisses included [emoji3] except our beagle who stays mad at us for a day or so lol.

Sitting in stardust waiting for clearance and the easy walk offs to finish then heading off ourselves.

Shorts -check

Polo - check

All ready for a hopeful beautiful summer! Thanks for the kind words and following all week mking!

Thank you for your wonderful review and photos. We were on the Gem about a month ago and it brings back the great memories that we have of our cruise. Carol

Thanks Carol, glad you enjoyed it! Memories help keep us sane until the next cruise and those long workdays [emoji3]

Thanks for bringing us along on your trip, a great review! Your trip went by so fast! Can't wait for the next on.

Thanks adjjb! Just got home about 30 mins ago, smooth sailing down the turnpike.

Thanks for following all week!

Thanks again for sharing your trip Seadog! Very enjoyable and informative. The Gem is a fine ship. Looking forward to your Bermuda run on the Breakaway, that may be our next cruise!

Doug

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk