Help!!!!help!!!help!!! San francisco????

Hi. We are cruising on the Golden Princess in August and this will be our first time in San Francisco. I booked our flights for two days before our cruise so that we can see some of San Francisco. Would like your suggestions in planning our time there

IF YOU ONLY HAVE A DAY AND HALF!!!!

1. Do we stay near the airport?... and if we do, what transportation do we need to use to see the sights???

2. If we stay at a hotel that doesn't offer shuttle service, is Super Shuttle the best option to get to Pier 27 the day we sail?

3. Is there a reasonable place to stay near Pier 27 and if we do that,, how easy is it to get to Pier 27 the day we sail??.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

All of these things are discussed down the board, regularly.

No, I definitely wouldn't stay at the airport. Too far from all the sites. There are many recommendations for hotels here, including a Best Western not too far away from the Pier.

Super Shuttle works fine. A couple of others mentioned as well. Taxi as a last choice. Limo/town car would be a good choice.

Then taxi from hotel to pier.

Edited by CruiserBruce

First let me state that I am by no means an expert. I've only been to San Francisco once -- this past January for a Mexico cruise on the Star.

Pre-cruise, we stayed at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. It was reasonably close to Pier 27 and, if you travel light and have good rolling luggage, the distance to the pier is walkable. But even a cab ride to the pier isn't that expensive (I think we paid $10 or so for two of us plus three bags).

From the airport, we took the BART (approximately $9 per person) and then grabbed a cab just outside of the BART station to take us to the Sheraton. If you're feeling adventurous, you could do this but a Super Shuttle from the Airport to the Sheraton probably wouldn't be too expensive (around $60 I *think*).

I'm sure that someone who is more familiar with San Francisco will chime in with more thorough (and probably better) advice but I hope this helped at least a little bit.

I'm returing to SFO next January for another cruise and I will probably repeat what I did this time: BART to Embarcadero; stay at the Sheraton and then walk to the pier.

Hi. We are cruising on the Golden Princess in August and this will be our first time in San Francisco. I booked our flights for two days before our cruise so that we can see some of San Francisco. Would like your suggestions in planning our time there

IF YOU ONLY HAVE A DAY AND HALF!!!!

1. Do we stay near the airport?... and if we do, what transportation do we need to use to see the sights???

2. If we stay at a hotel that doesn't offer shuttle service, is Super Shuttle the best option to get to Pier 27 the day we sail?

3. Is there a reasonable place to stay near Pier 27 and if we do that,, how easy is it to get to Pier 27 the day we sail??.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Thought it was an emergency by your title....

"Help!!!!help!!!help!!! San francisco???? ":confused:

Reader

A hotel close to the pier is in a nice area - you can walk to the pier. Also lots of transportation to take you places. Rather than a taxi, try Uber? Or Lyft? I think the first time is even free on Uber. Not sure. People are very satisfied with the service and I believe it is cheaper. You might even look into Airbnb if you are adventurous. To get from the airport to downtown, do take BART from the airport. It is convenient and cheaper than a taxi, unless you have too much luggage for lugging on the train. I don't know if they allow Uber or Lyft to pick up at the airport (the taxi rules). Or you could take the Super Shuttle which I believe is also cheaper than a taxi. You might want to then get a ride from the BART station in S.F. that is closest to your hotel.

Staying near Fisherman's Wharf is nice, there is lots going on there. I live about an hour away and I've been in the City a lot (what people in the Bay Area call S.F.). My husband is from Pittsburgh by the way - been there many times!

I just did a few trips to SF in the past few wks. Any hotel at Fishermans Wharf will do just fine and you can take a really short taxi ride to the pier. Its really a very neat part of the city to stay.

Re: Uber as they started in SF I used them multiple times in SF and have to admit it was a good experience. I can tell you that in SF they have a product called Uber Pool which is $15 for one or two people to SF to or from SFO making this very attractive vs a cab $50 or a shuttle at about $17 pp. The Uber pool can allow another person to join you but if they don't find a 'match' then the ride is yours alone. I did sign up for the first ride free so it was a freebee. The new port in sf is gorgeous and right on the Embarcadero close to Fishermans Wharf and Pier 39. Look on hotwire or priceline and select FW as the zone.