All Things Ovation of the Seas!

The 17th was the original first sail date when we booked this cruise as soon as it opened. We are one the 22nd sail and thought the teething troubles would be all on the 17th sail. Then all of a sudden they added the 3 day one before that and said it was going to be the inaugural sailing, was a bit bummed about that really.

But it reads to me that it's now not happening, we are starting to wonder if our sailing will be cancelled too and there is no alteritive for us to sail on another ship on those dates. It will mean we lose our weeks holiday as we can't take the time off any other time. The cruise fare will be given back to us but not our air fares as they are not refundable. We will be out of pocket £350. Insurance will not stump up for fares that are still good and are useable.

I´m not sure where you are getting all this. It´s planned to hand over the ship without any delays on April 8th from Meyerwerft to RCI.

I don´t see why those saillings shouldn´t happen as planned.

Edited by Paulxyz2004

I'm sure it's only a few times or even once a month depending on tides that there is enough water in the river to get her up there. That's why they had to wait for a certain day and time of night to float her down river. At this stage anything can happen to delay her. They are still fitting her out as far as I can see. Waiting with bated breath to hear it's going to be ok.

I'm sure it's only a few times or even once a month depending on tides that there is enough water in the river to get her up there. That's why they had to wait for a certain day and time of night to float her down river. At this stage anything can happen to delay her. They are still fitting her out as far as I can see. Waiting with bated breath to hear it's going to be ok.

She abd even bigger ships can go in every twelve hours at high tide. Today is a special westher situation but this is very unusual.

However, it does not matter for the overall schedule (gives them two mire days for outfitting in Brenerhaven now and cuts short outfitting time after dry dock) and she will be ready for delivery on Friday.

No, the ship itself could use the every 12 hour tide to go up and down the river. But they do need a higher tide to turn around in front of the dry dock and move in.

I don´t think you have to fear anything regarding your vacation. The ship will be in Southampton prior to April 14th (when the first cruise starts).

steamboats

The Ovation of the Seas has just passed the city of Cuxhaven at the mouth of the Elbe river. So she´s on her way to Hamburg.

There are a lot of webcams along the river. The next one will be the Brunsbüttel lock webcam.

steamboats

Also, just read an update from a crew member on Facebook saying that she's sailing to the UK from Hamburg?:confused:

Due in Southampton next week I believe.

Hi everyone - we are booked on to the Ovation next month for our first ever cruise.

Our room is a Junior Spa Suite. Whilst we understand most of the perks that come from staying in a suite don't apply to Junior suites, I wondered if anyone knew whether we would have access to the Coastal Kitchen? It's been surprisingly difficult to get any definitive answer! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone - we are booked on to the Ovation next month for our first ever cruise.

Our room is a Junior Spa Suite. Whilst we understand most of the perks that come from staying in a suite don't apply to Junior suites, I wondered if anyone knew whether we would have access to the Coastal Kitchen? It's been surprisingly difficult to get any definitive answer! Thanks

We also have a Spa Junior Suite and it is my understanding that we have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner, I have attached a screen from the suite brochure which confirms this.

ImageUploadedByForums1459716411.071925.jpg.524659e807cc6248e18aea76768a661d.jpg

Edited by saffikins

Thanks Saffikins - that is reassuring.

I was unsure as I'd tried to make a reservation online earlier & the website returned an error saying I didn't meet the minimum booking requirement. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Hi, we have booked a Spa Junior Suite on the Ovation from the 14th April to the 29th. In October we were in a Family Junior Suite on the Anthem and on the second day we had an invitation to eat in the Coastal Kitchen each night afterwards if we so wished. I don't think that you will be able to book online before that. It will be quite easy to book a table there as the CK is on the way into the Windjammer. The Grand Suite guests and above were able to eat breakfast and lunch in the CK as well but we weren't able to do that as it was dinner only. If you are on Dynamic Dining there are plenty of dining venues on the ship to ring the changes.

I am sure that you will be very pleased with your choice of stateroom and ship for your very first cruise. Enjoy your cruise! :)