Rental car drop-off charges?

luvs2beachit

We need to rent a car from Orlando / Sanford airport to FLL and was wondering if anyone knows if rental agencies charge drop-off fees from one airport to another. I am planning on bidding on priceline so I don't know the specific agency yet so am just looking for people's general experiences.

Thanks.:)

I would compare the price you can get booking directly with the agencies using discount codes often posted on this board with what you think you can get via priceline - you may not save much if anything.

better bidding dot com has lots of bidding strategy and other info for those wanting to use priceline and other blind bidding sites.

Good luck! :)

I just did (trial) bookings on Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz.....

I booked (never completed) on all with the same pick up/ drop off location and then with pick up at one location and drop off at another. There was about a $20 difference per day for the base rental price to drop off at a different location. I decided it would be cheaper to use the same location and taxi it back to the airport (and probably easier). I even used the corporate codes from my employer and the base prices were still different. So they may not show a line item for the charge, but they build it into the base price. :confused:

We need to rent a car from Orlando / Sanford airport to FLL and was wondering if anyone knows if rental agencies charge drop-off fees from one airport to another. I am planning on bidding on priceline so I don't know the specific agency yet so am just looking for people's general experiences.

If you are a member or know a member at the big box store C..... they have a travel section with great rental car rates sometimes that often even include an extra driver if that is of interest and they are worth checking.

I book one way rentals in Florida often and while rates used to be identical state wide for drop off years ago, what they do now is build extra charges into the daily rate that will often vary by drop off city.

I am a frequent Priceline user and usually my recent rates at the box store are lower than my total attempted failed bids at Priceline.

The other advantage is I sometimes even get a much better rate the day prior or day of a rental and just can re-book, where with Priceline I was locked in.

I am certain Hertz, Avis and Budget will not charge a one way fee, I have never been charged it, also check with rentalcars.com etc - normally says no one way fee.

I do know that last year we flew into Orlando then visited family near Tampa. We thought return the car in Tampa, but it turned out we'd take a terrible bath and ended up driving back to Orlando to drop it off and fly out. Can't remember which company that was.

I usually use Budget, owned by Avis I think, and they don't (usually) have drop-off fees within Florida.

Avis owns Budget, Payless Car Rental and Zip Car (not that Zip Car applies here).

Make sure you use the car rental site no matter who you use, using a third party you might not see the fees. The person ahead of us was just arguing that point put they used a third party to make the reservation and a fee was not disclosed that Budget was collecting.

FWIW