Rainy Weather Predicted

Don't worry about the weather. We had a horrible long range forecast for Bermuda last month. They said that we would have 55 mph winds and it would be cold. It turned out to be warm enough for the beach and little to no breeze.

We once almost canceled a trip to Cozumel because Weather dot com was predicting 100% chance of rain all day, every day. We checked Wunderground and Accu Weather and they said the rain would happen every day but between 4 and 6 am. That was exactly when it rained every day. We had a week of glorious sunshine. By the time we got up every morning it was all dried up and the rain did not interrupt our beach time for even a minute.

We take a folding umbrella and ponchos on every trip and just make the best of whatever the weather happens to be.

Last year we did the western Caribbean on Freedom during he rainy season, and yes we got soaked. Our first stop was Labadee where we rented a cabana. Spent most of the day swimming in the rain.....the water was wet anyway so we were good with that !at Grand Cayman we did the catamaran trip to swim with the stingrays. Completely soaked and very cold ride out, but figured we would be in the water all afternoon anyway so we didn't care. At Jamaica we went to the Iberostar hotel and swam in the pool in the rain...... I'm sure you are getting my point by now. Our other option was stay home and complain about the snow and cold weather, or have fun in the Caribbean in the warm weather and make the best of the hand we were dealt . All in all, it was a great cruise, we dried off when we got back onboard and had good stories to talk about in future cruises ! Enjoy !

You'll be fine! On the zip lock bag, take several sizes, never travel without them. Drying money, not fun. A man I worked with got his wallet soaked, did not know about putting it in plastic! He had a regular wallet with him, photos, passport, money, all soaked, rain plus a catamaran ride.

Take a photo ID, your sea pass, money, leave extras in the cabin safe. I travel alone, world wide, been doing it for 30+ years, I take minimal stuff ashore. Rain ponchos are a must, I never travel without one now, any time I'm prepared I don't need it. When not, I've been sorry. Cruise lines might hand out garbage bags to use, been there and had to use one!

It will be o.k. enjoy your cruise, all part of the adventure!

We didn't make it to Mr Sancho's and they did not refund our deposit.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INTERESTING! I booked directly through their website. I think it was something like $5 per person, so I guess if they don't refund the deposit I'm not out a whole lot.:(

I can not tell you how many I have checked the ten day forecast prior to cruising where I have seen the same thing, and thought, Oh no! You are almost certain to have some gorgeous weather at some point if not during the entire cruise. You'll see!

Example: 80% chance of rain tomorrow = there is an 80% chance of rain at some period tomorrow. It may be for 30 minutes and blow over, or it may be a frog strangler. There is no way to know. Just go with the flow and enjoy.

As long as there is not lightning there really isn't much of a problem. In the tropics you are going to get wet..... the pool, the beach, sweat etc.

Remember though, if it is lightning stay out of the water and under a roof or a palapa, etc.