Coffee Bar Pastry Question

Katesowner

In the on-line booklet for suite guests, there is a list of things included in the cruise fare. One is that non-specialty coffee and pastries are included. Is this something new? It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

In the on-line booklet for suite guests, there is a list of things included in the cruise fare. One is that non-specialty coffee and pastries are included. Is this something new? It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

I don't think it's new, but anything other than regular coffee (such as latte, cappucino, etc) is considered a specialty coffee, and pastries from Carlo's (and by extension the Atrium Cafe - at least on the Breakaway Class ships) are considered specialty patries. Included pastries would be what you can get in the complimentary dining venues.

Thanks!

It is not new but good luck finding it. I am just off the Jade, the coffee bar is located in the atrium. The only coffee or pastries available there was for a fee.

Would be nice if the website reflected this fact.

Rochelle

It is not new but good luck finding it. I am just off the Jade, the coffee bar is located in the atrium. The only coffee or pastries available there was for a fee.

Would be nice if the website reflected this fact.

Rochelle

Rochelle, wasn't there regular coffee and pastry there in the morning that was free. Then later in day you had to pay.

The ships that have Carlo's bakery sell cannolis there and also at the atrium coffee bar. Don't remember the cost, but they are not free. They are also not very good. The filling is bland despite Buddy bragging about it being famous, and the shells are just flour and oil tasting...no cinnamon or real flavor. Very disappointing!

Rochelle, wasn't there regular coffee and pastry there in the morning that was free. Then later in day you had to pay.

I only asked one day, not because I wanted a coffee and/or pastry but just to check. I was told that the only coffee served there was Lavazza and therefore incurred a charge. In the past I have seen pound cake available at the coffee bars but not this trip on the Jade. There was minimal pastries available and I did not see anything worthy of an up-charge plus gratuity. I should point out though that the Atrium coffee bar on the Jade is directly below the Blue Lagoon and coffee and pastries are available there. Something new since I was on in 2013 was the continental breakfast set up in the Blue Lagoon, juice, pastries fruit and cereal, certainly efficient. You would still have to order coffee.

Rochelle

The ships that have Carlo's bakery sell cannolis there and also at the atrium coffee bar. Don't remember the cost, but they are not free. They are also not very good. The filling is bland despite Buddy bragging about it being famous, and the shells are just flour and oil tasting...no cinnamon or real flavor. Very disappointing!

I totally agree on the cannolis...blech! Definitely stay away from the chocolate cannoli.

I only asked one day, not because I wanted a coffee and/or pastry but just to check. I was told that the only coffee served there was Lavazza and therefore incurred a charge. In the past I have seen pound cake available at the coffee bars but not this trip on the Jade. There was minimal pastries available and I did not see anything worthy of an up-charge plus gratuity. I should point out though that the Atrium coffee bar on the Jade is directly below the Blue Lagoon and coffee and pastries are available there. Something new since I was on in 2013 was the continental breakfast set up in the Blue Lagoon, juice, pastries fruit and cereal, certainly efficient. You would still have to order coffee.

Rochelle

In Blue Lagoon was this continental breakfast on the menu or a little buffet? Is regular coffee there not free?

Isn't this place going to become an O'Sheehan's?

Kevin Sheehan left the company really fast. I wonder if he was given a big payout to leave and keep quiet. No word on where he is now?

You can order coffee at O'Sheehans and get a small plate of pastries (servers' choice). These are the same pastries available at the buffet and MDR breakfast. This is a nice place for a peaceful breakfast but they have no fruit on their menu.

You can order coffee at O'Sheehans and get a small plate of pastries (servers' choice). These are the same pastries available at the buffet and MDR breakfast. This is a nice place for a peaceful breakfast but they have no fruit on their menu.

Do you mean that if you specifically ordered coffee (or tea) and three chocolate croissants (for example), they would just bring whatever they wanted or deny you? That seems stupid. Why wouldn't I just keep ordering more 'plates' until I just got what I wanted originally? How wasteful!