cabin E 605

xeena

we are researching the jan 17, 2016 cruise on the regal princess....i have cabin M 530 on hold now, but would like to save $$....E 605 is another option....does anyone have opinions or pix of E 605? i know it is obstructed.....but HOW obstructed is the question....

thanks in advance

Edited by xeena

I'm sure that someone will post a photo of the cabin in question for you. From our experience on Emerald deck, that obstruction is that you probably won't be able to look straight down from the balcony because there will be a tender craft of rescue craft directly below. You will be able to look straight out over the top of the vessel if there is one there. Looking forward and aft also will be blocked from looking down on the Promenade deck, however, you should be able to look over the tops of the other vessels with no problem, except there may be some davit structures in the way.

All in all, it's not a bad cabin area on that deck when considering the price. The most important thing is if you can see directly out from your balcony without any interference.

We have booked cabin E702 twice because it is categorized as being obstructed, however, there really isn't anything blocking our view down, out or aft. There is some obstruction forward from the last tender vessel but we didn't find that as a problem.

we are researching the jan 17, 2016 cruise on the regal princess....i have cabin M 530 on hold now, but would like to save $$....E 605 is another option....does anyone have opinions or pix of E 605? i know it is obstructed.....but HOW obstructed is the question....

thanks in advance

Some obstructions can be davits/hoisting machinery.

dmwnc1959 , thank you ! 605 clearly is not what i want...so we'll go with the more expensive one on mariner deck.

it is so helpful to get responses to questions like this.

One of the only drawbacks that I can think of for the Marina Deck cabins back there is the Lido Deck overhang, which will extend pretty far out and above your heads. In this picture you can see just how far it sticks out above the top deck of balcony cabins (Marina Deck):

11460024485_a2382c9232_b.jpg

:cool:

Edited by dmwnc1959