Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

Really pleased to see that we are not on an island. We have five sailings pending. Two in limbo on Infinity, one on Eclipse with a revised itinerary that has been reduced to far less value than originally booked, and just wrapped up a sailing with a post cruise excursion gone bad booked with X. They could care less if we cancel all five sailings and walk away. There is a troubling customer retention mentality with X. On board is usually good; everything else is a roll of the dice. Again, we wish everyone a positive and timely resolution. So disappointed that so many of us are in limbo across so many sailings. Shame on X.

Really pleased to see that we are not on an island. We have five sailings pending. Two in limbo on Infinity, one on Eclipse with a revised itinerary that has been reduced to far less value than originally booked, and just wrapped up a sailing with a post cruise excursion gone bad booked with X. They could care less if we cancel all five sailings and walk away. There is a troubling customer retention mentality with X. On board is usually good; everything else is a roll of the dice. Again, we wish everyone a positive and timely resolution. So disappointed that so many of us are in limbo across so many sailings. Shame on X.

i think the customer retention issue is industry wide. we recently stopped sailing princess for the same issues, no taking care of repeat customers. granted i have booked another on princess for next year to give them another opportunity to earn my business. having only sailed on x once i thought they were different, guess not. i would think x would give us consideration for our inconvenience

have a good evening all

-tom

Welcome to "Modern Luxury" From now on, Ill book late. They seem to get better deals ..and at least they know the itinerary they book MAY sail;;ugh:confused: Jsn cruise I booked may be my last cruise for awhile.

welcome to "modern luxury" from now on, ill book late. They seem to get better deals ..and at least they know the itinerary they book may sail;;ugh:confused: Jsn cruise i booked may be my last cruise for awhile.

doh!

doh!

uhhh not sure how to follow up with that response? I just know people on our Roll call have gotten several different answers about whats going on. Some of us are hoping that the cruise goes on as planned because of the itinerary. I really would love to see the ABC islands. It's frustrating when your deposit is being held and you are getting several different answers. If I cancel I get penalized. Other folk coming from far away also have to put traveling plans on hold. Im lucky, I live in the Ft Lauderdale area so port traveling is not an issue. People just want some kind of a cohesive answer ... not "we cant discuss that":confused:

uhhh not sure how to follow up with that response? I just know people on our Roll call have gotten several different answers about whats going on. Some of us are hoping that the cruise goes on as planned because of the itinerary. I really would love to see the ABC islands. It's frustrating when your deposit is being held and you are getting several different answers. If I cancel I get penalized. Other folk coming from far away also have to put traveling plans on hold. Im lucky, I live in the Ft Lauderdale area so port traveling is not an issue. People just want some kind of a cohesive answer ... not "we cant discuss that":confused:

more satire than anything else. we really want this to happen and are pretty helpless with the standard "NON ANSWER". the only good thing is we have not purchased air yet (i normally have it booked very early) as i always book non refundable. hope this all works out

-tom

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I kinda was.

Back in 2013, we were booked on a Panama Canal cruise in 2014. In February 2013 the cruise fell off the website. It wasn't until May 2013 that it was removed from out bookings. Then a week or so after it disappeared from out bookings we started receiving emails from Celebrity that the ship was going to go to dry dock (which we all knew months before) and our booking was going to be cancelled. We were given the option of getting our deposit back, or rebooking at the prevailing rate for the accommodations we had booked. We were offered $400 OBC ($600 for suites) and payment of any fee for rescheduling flights.

There was a 2 week period to call a dedicated phone line to reschedule. We were on a cruise when our email came, and I missed the window to reschedule. Didn't really care to, since this behavior and lack of communication really left a bad taste in my mouth regarding X.

We did do a Celebrity Pacific Coastal in April of 2014, mainly for the itinerary with an overnight in San Francisco. We were not especially impressed, but it was the Century and we though maybe the newer ships were better, so we didn't totally remove Celebrity from our list of possible cruise lines.

So I was looking for a pair of cruises - and Alaska and SB Pacific Coastal that we could do legally. The only one I found for next year was with Celebrity. So I booked it a few months ago. Today I wanted to check to see when payments were due, and lo and behold, the Pacific Coast was gone from my booking!!! Could this really be happening again????

So, I check the roll call, and sure enough, it's been going on for over a month. The excuse is maintenance of the bookings - which was exactly the same first excuse we got from Celebrity on the last time.

The only reason that we had booked Celebrity was the ability to pair the Alaska and Pacific Coast sailing. Without the PC, I have no need/desire for the Alaska. We'll book with NCL (or maybe Princess) where we have better standing in their loyalty program. I'm not going to hang around waiting for possible benies for the cancellation, because history has shown they're not going to be all that great this far in advance of the sailing.

So, good-bye Celebrity. Fool me once, etc... There are TONS of Alaska sailing to choose from - so we'll do Alaska and fly both ways instead of cruising home.

I think you have it exactly right. We all really enjoy the cruises which our experience has told us that the service onboard and respect for us as customers is top notch.

As for customer service on land it is as if it is two completely different companies.

we have only had 2 issues that we have had to take to customer service on land. The first was dealt with very well once we went through the presidents email contact in Miami. The other was another one of these dreaded charter situations. We received no information of a booked cruise being chartered and then when we noticed something and raised it with our travel agent we got a big hurry up and told we had to book specific cruises and decide in a day! Eventually we sorted something but we were left feeling that we owed someone for sorting it out as we chose a cruise not on their list!

For that reason this time we tried to transfer our 17th October cruise to one in November now rather than waiting to find the cabin we want is unavailable and the price goes up. But for this privilege the cost is £150!! Your having a laugh!!

Also don't expect that having UK travel rules helps any...as useful as a chocolate teapot!!

We now console ourselves in the excitement of trying a different cruise line or even a land based adventure👿

Wonder if the postings over this issue and the overnights are being passed on to Celebrity upper management...the new CEO might be interested to know..yet Celebrity Official is fairly quiet these days!

Wonder if the postings over this issue and the overnights are being passed on to Celebrity upper management...the new CEO might be interested to know..yet Celebrity Official is fairly quiet these days!

They are not quiet on face book posting all they do! Go take a look and say something!

There aren't enough of us here on the boards compared to the thousands to make a difference! IMO they could care less, on to the new charter customers!

The members of this forum make up a very small percentage of passengers and for the most part are the "bargain hunters" ;) that Celebrity probably would like to get rid of. I say bargain hunters because most of us are on here looking for advice and tips about maximizing our cruising experience for the dollars spent.

They will make a big deal about the members at the Meet and Greet but it is always best to know your opponents or enemies. :D

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Can you elaborate on this or if discussed in a review or other thread point me in that direction? I am curious as we have scheduled our 1st ever Post Cruise Tour, 6 nights in Alaska. I've heard mixed reviews.

Edited by Jane2357

Today, for the first time, I no longer see the Oct 7 Infinity reservation in My Celebrity. I have all three of these sailing booked. The other 2, Oct 17 and Oct 27 are showing. I tried to add the res # and I get an error. So I am wondering if they have now confirmed Oct 7 as no longer available.

Can you elaborate on this or if discussed in a review or other thread point me in that direction? I am curious as we have scheduled our 1st ever Post Cruise Tour, 6 nights in Alaska. I've heard mixed reviews.

This was from Cape Liberty (New York), so not relevant to Alaska. Perhaps someone with experience in booking Alaska post cruise excursions can weigh-in. We did an Alaska sailing two years ago and planned our own post cruise excursion (took train from Seward to Anchorage International, rented car, drove to Denali, rented cabin and spent several days touring park, then another two days exploring Anchorage). Was a third of the price for us and we had far greater flexibility.

We have not had much luck with X excursions, so we tend to plan our own relying on insight from trip adviser dot com.

Today, for the first time, I no longer see the Oct 7 Infinity reservation in My Celebrity. I have all three of these sailing booked. The other 2, Oct 17 and Oct 27 are showing. I tried to add the res # and I get an error. So I am wondering if they have now confirmed Oct 7 as no longer available.

Same is true with us for the September 11 sailing. What a nice way to learn which sailings are affected huh?

They are not quiet on face book posting all they do! Go take a look and say something!

I posted to their page....I'm particularly upset with Celebrity and Bridgestone tires this morning. Decided it was worth a post to both...it's just so sad customers seem to mean nothing to companies any longer. :confused:

Do not see Oct 17, 2016, Infinity either.

Same is true with us for the September 11 sailing. What a nice way to learn which sailings are affected huh?

This is what I found today. I have heard of negotiation going on for a secure for next year also...

http://www.businessinsider.com/salesforce-hires-the-dream-boat-for-dreamforce-2015-3

I found this on a booking site (not mine)

7 Days US & Canada Pacific

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Infinity

Vancouver, Astoria, San Francisco, Monterey, Santa Catalina, San Diego

1 departure date: Sep 11 2016

Suite from

$2574

$368 per day

SelectBonus Offers •Up to $300 OBC, Classic Beverage Packages and Free Gratuities when you book a Suite

•$50 ONBOARD CREDIT on select departures!

•Introducing Celebrity's New Suite Class Experience

•EXCLUSIVE Free Prepaid Gratuities

•Discounted Shore Excursions

Edited by Semi Retired

This is what I found today. I have heard of negotiation going on for a secure for next year also...

http://www.businessinsider.com/salesforce-hires-the-dream-boat-for-dreamforce-2015-3

Suite from

$2574

$368 per day

SelectBonus Offers •Up to $300 OBC, Classic Beverage Packages and Free Gratuities when you book a Suite

Your right about San Fran and Infinity thus impacting it to be back in Florida in time for the October 7th and 17th thus cancelled!

Suite from

$2574

$368 per day

Thank you for posting this. So for 4 days for Salesforce, Celebrity has created chaos for the rest of us. I really dont understand what they are gaining in this.

We paid a hefty price for a cruisetour, 5 days of tours then we would board the Infinity on Sept 11. There must be other charters they are booking on the Infinity as well to fill up all the days. Incredible that "business inside" can report this but Celebrity is pretending like nothing is wrong and all our bookings still show as viable. Very insulting indeed.

so i just got my new booking for our oct 7 trip on the INFINITY. it is now a 17 day panama canal trip from sf to fll. we have c-2 cabins booked and celebrity honored our origional price including the 123 perks. so if my wife can get 6 more days off i dont think this is too bad of a deal. imho

07 OCT SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA 5:00 PM

08 OCT AT SEA

09 OCT AT SEA

10 OCT CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 11:30 AM 6:30 PM

11 OCT PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

12 OCT AT SEA

13 OCT AT SEA

14 OCT PUERTO QUETZAL,GUATEMALA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

15 OCT AT SEA

16 OCT PUNTARENAS, COSTA RICA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

17 OCT AT SEA

18 OCT PANAMA CANAL (CRUISING)6:00 AM 6:00 PM

19 OCT COLON, PANAMA 6:00 AM 4:00 PM

20 OCT CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA 8:30 AM 3:00 PM

21 OCT AT SEA

22 OCT AT SEA

23 OCT FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 7:00 AM

have a great day all

-tom

Edited by tcsmithh

Thanks for posting

Looks like it is all coming to a head . .We already switched off 10/17/17, so at this point I am only following along and hoping it works out ok for everyone, one way or another

that new 10/7 itin would not have worked for us..too long, needs flights to the west coast & a pre cruise hotel, and is not the itin we wanted....we have Cartagena on another booking on Equinox....have done a canal cruise etc etc....for those it works for, that is great but so glad we already switched....or we'd be re-grouping...

Do you know what is set for 10/23...that's 4 days before our 10/27 cruise...

So we are hoping the Oct 27, 2016 itin is not cancelled or varied....it's a great ABC Island itin for those who cannot devote 2 full weeks to the one on Eclipse...hope to see some of you on the 10/27 roll call!

Sorry we can't support the cause on fb..we are .not on it....we rely on cruisecritic for info and collegiality with the roll calls....

Edited by hcat