Drinks Package advice please

We are going on the Explorer of the seas, trying to get my head round the drinks packages. We have 2 teenage boys which i think will be fine with the soda package, but not sure for us adults. Is tea and coffee available free all day in the dining areas? Does the package which includes tea and coffee let you get fancy coffees from coffee shops? Is fresh orange included free with breakfast? Do you get a glass of wine with evening meal? Any help would be appreciated finding it all abit confusing :eek:

We are going on the Explorer of the seas, trying to get my head round the drinks packages. We have 2 teenage boys which i think will be fine with the soda package, but not sure for us adults. Is tea and coffee available free all day in the dining areas? Does the package which includes tea and coffee let you get fancy coffees from coffee shops? Is fresh orange included free with breakfast? Do you get a glass of wine with evening meal? Any help would be appreciated finding it all abit confusing :eek:

Regular (non-specialty) coffee and tea are available with no extra charge from restaurants and Cafe Promenade. Juice drinks (not fresh squeezed) are also available at restaurants with breakfast. There is no "free" glass of wine with dinner.

The Replenish package would add specialty coffees from restaurants and Cafe Promenade, fresh squeezed OJ, non-alcoholic drinks, and bottled water.

Edited by clarea

Depends on what you drink for alcohol.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1012

The package descriptions are still accurate, but the pricing/gratuity info is wrong.

The prices in post 5 above include the gratuity (and rounded to nearest dollar), your prices don't. Essentially they are the same.

The prices in post 5 above include the gratuity (and rounded to nearest dollar), your prices don't. Essentially they are the same.

Not quite. Current prices with gratuity: $22.42, $41.30, $57.82, $64.90.

Only the price of the Ultimate package is essentially the same.

Not to add to your confusion but you can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard with you. If you'd like to have a glass of wine during dinner, take a bottle to the MDR, there is no corkage fee anymore, and they will hold it for the next night.

Thanks for all the info, think its worth getting 2 replenish and 2 soda packages, dont drink alcohol much but the non alcholic cocktails sound good and hopefully it will be hot so fluids will be needed ! and knowing you can take 2 bottles of wine is very helpful :)

Thanks for all the info, think its worth getting 2 replenish and 2 soda packages, dont drink alcohol much but the non alcholic cocktails sound good and hopefully it will be hot so fluids will be needed ! and knowing you can take 2 bottles of wine is very helpful :)

My favorite is the virgin frozen mojito :) I got the replenish on my last cruise, it was a family trip so I found the replenish plus the 2 bottles of wine i took on was perfect.

Drinks included in your fare are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast.

Sodas can be purchased without a package....$2.80 or so per can (a can yields 2 glasses over ice)...

So...a package is really only worth it (for any type of beverage) if you think you'll be drinking more than 4-6 of the non-included drinks per day. (Hopefully, no one is drinking THAT much soda!!!)

Don't know your rooming arrangements but if you have two rooms (two teenage boys) I beleive if there is an adult listed in each room, you are allowed 2 bottles of wine PER CABIN.

Drinks included in your fare are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast.

Sodas can be purchased without a package....$2.80 or so per can (a can yields 2 glasses over ice)...

So...a package is really only worth it (for any type of beverage) if you think you'll be drinking more than 4-6 of the non-included drinks per day. (Hopefully, no one is drinking THAT much soda!!!)

Ha, 4 to 6 Diet Cokes just get me through lunch. I get my monies worth! I know it isn't great for me but I don't do coffee so it's my only source of caffeine.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Ha, 4 to 6 Diet Cokes just get me through lunch. I get my monies worth! I know it isn't great for me but I don't do coffee so it's my only source of caffeine.

Same in this house. I joke that my husband should just get an IV pole and add a bottle of diet Coke!

Consider How many port days. While in port you won't be using the package for part or most of the day. Exception private island.

Hi,

My husband just brought up this point re: port days. Is it possible to just purchase RR on certain days ( i.e. Port Days)?

Thanks,

Bobbi

Hi,

My husband just brought up this point re: port days. Is it possible to just purchase RR on certain days ( i.e. Port Days)?

Thanks,

Bobbi

I don't believe you can do that. The rules on RCCL are something like "you must purchase at least 4 days before the end of the cruise and you can't cancel after more than 2 days" or something like that. Someone posted the link to the full description, you need to read the fine print.

It's not too hard to make it worthwhile if you are even a moderate drinker. Four $12 + 18% tip blender - drinks or seven $7 beers or a combination thereof buys the premium package. I didn't have the package that cruise, but several family members did.

The following month, we cruised CCL from Galveston. This time I tried the premium package. I had a hard time drinking that much, especially on port days. I wouldn't buy it again. My son-in-law, OTOH, drank $100 the first day (you can't buy the package that first day from Galveston). He surely spent less on the 5 day package than if he'd have bought individual drinks.

I typically have 1 or 2 a day on a cruise and maybe that many in a month at home. I was really reaching by trying to down 7 to 10 cocktails every day.

Hi,

Thanks,

Bobbi

You can do a partial purchase, but whatever day you start, there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise, and it has to go to the end of the cruise. No skipping days.

Thanks for the replies. I just don't know if it would be "worth it" $$ wise. My husband and I no longer drink alcohol . I drink sparkling plain water everyday..about 2 Liters. My hubby likes coffee, Starbucks specifically. I might try a non-alcoholic margarita or something. IDK.

I guess I'll have to do more research. Cost of Club Soda & Coffee per day and compare.:confused:

Thanks again,

Bobbi

Thanks for the replies. I just don't know if it would be "worth it" $$ wise. My husband and I no longer drink alcohol . I drink sparkling plain water everyday..about 2 Liters. My hubby likes coffee, Starbucks specifically. I might try a non-alcoholic margarita or something. IDK.

I guess I'll have to do more research. Cost of Club Soda & Coffee per day and compare.:confused:

Thanks again,

Bobbi

Another thing you can do is try a package for a day, and cancel if you're not getting your money's worth. They will remove the charge for the package, and charge you individually for all the drinks you had while on the package.