Unable to Edit Dining Reservations on myNCL?

Tzitza

Hello all! This may be a stupid question, but bear with me-- Cruise Newbie here!

DH and I are taking our first cruise on the Getaway this Sept in a Haven Spa Suite we are so excited! But.....

Yesterday was the 100 day mark to make reservations online. We have UDP and wanted to get the must do's solidified (especially since I am getting the feeling from the boards that the good restaurants are booking up fast with Free UDP promo and even the concierge can't do much about that!). Well, I realized that one of the nights I booked a dinner was overlapping with a show we wanted to do, but I don't see anywhere to cancel or a way to move things around.

Did I miss something, or is it no-taking-backsies once you confirm?

*Note: I of couse did not read the ten page terms and conditions of the booking and the answer may very well have been in there, .... but now I have no way to go back and check :-)

So if some of the professional NCL cruisers (or any that read the T&C!) around here could let me know if I am indeed stuck or if there is something I can do, I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

You need to call.

Dinner was too late for Kid and we wanted an earlier dinner time.

Was told that only about a third of the available time slots are available to book online. If they can't change it for you, then you'll have to do it on board.

Edited by Philob

It's a silly IT system design, intentional or otherwise, of their website's booking - once confirmed online, you cannot DIY - must call in on the # given to request & have them make the changes.

On the *Away ships, the system supposingly will block and prevent you from booking 2 events that conflict/overlap, i.e. dinner & shows, if it allowed - something has changed and they didn't update it (which happened more often than you've come to realized by reading some of the posts & reviews)

If you got the dining options/package, book those first & worry about the shows then as seating in the theater are open, first come first served and you still have to get there at least 15 to 30 minutes early for better seating (unless you are in Haven/Suite w. concierge blocked section, which IMO again - not all that great either) Concierge usually can "wing" something with show seating but not so much with popular specialty reservations.

Best thing, as noted above - call ASAP to make the changes.

Yea, it's a definite flaw in the design. Even the iConcierge app that you can use onboard to book reservations will allow you cancel an existing reservation. You have to talk to a live person for that.

Hopefully it something they will add in the future because we ended up making a ton of changes on our last cruise.

Memo to FDR, AS, and close personal friends/insiders of these duos - these are better examples of enhancement & enrichment to the NCL sailing experience, bring in a new IT team would be a good start - for cost savings, outsource it would be acceptable.

Speaking of the iConcierge, it's by design - latest APP still won't do reminders or list confirmed reservations or bookings, but it will be happy to reserve another one and instantly bill your account onboard. Same setup inside the stateroom's "interactive" TV system on the newer ships.

And, it is NOT as if we didn't provided "constructive" and written feedback to NCL already in multiple ways. Hello, hello ... anyone listening. Let's start with communications 101.