Lawsuit Filed Against HAL After Horrific Attack

cbr663

You have to love lawyers :) but of course nobody does! This is a legal slam/dunk case and will never see the inside of a court room. HAL and their insurer will settle out of court. If they went to a trial and the jury saw the pictures of this woman after the attack the lady would end up owning HAL and possibly CCL!

Hank

Reaching to the ridiculous, maybe?? :D This thread isn't about a PACER account :cool: and parsing how much it costs or doesn't.

Well, sheesh. Why did you post about PACER costs then?

I'm tempted to get a PACER account and see what's there, but I've no desire to end up with pictures or gruesome descriptions. I do think the one picture is very useful, given that there are some message boards out there where people are saying she made up the rape and beating because he wouldn't sleep with her, because "that's the kind of thing those nude cruise pax do". I do wonder if without that picture, we'd have people here minimizing the damage and claiming descriptions of "covered in blood" were just hype and speculation.

You have to love lawyers :) but of course nobody does! This is a legal slam/dunk case and will never see the inside of a court room. HAL and their insurer will settle out of court. If they went to a trial and the jury saw the pictures of this woman after the attack the lady would end up owning HAL and possibly CCL!

Hank

I agree.

This is a business decision, IMO,,,,,, not a legal decision.

Reaching to the ridiculous, maybe?? :D This thread isn't about a PACER account :cool: and parsing how much it costs or doesn't.

[/b]

Wait, so YOU can talk about certain things but the minute someone challenges your statements or opinions the topic has to be dropped??

So not cool.

:rolleyes:

###

Nooo. That is not the point. Some quite silly and inaccurate statements were made.

How many here knew what PACER is and how many would be apt to have a PACER account if they are not practicing attorney's or involved in court actions. Even most practicing attorneys would not have it depending upon their specialty. It was a silly comment to make that a retired homemaker would have a PACER account.

Nooo. That is not the point. Some quite silly and inaccurate statements were made.

How many here knew what PACER is and how many would be apt to have a PACER account if they are not practicing attorney's or involved in court actions. Even most practicing attorneys would not have it depending upon their specialty. It was a silly comment to make that a retired homemaker would have a PACER account.

I took the comment as a general "you" rather than a specific "you" and in that sense the poster was correct. It was you who made it about you.

Hank

My wife does :D:D

It was a silly comment to make that a retired homemaker would have a PACER account.

I wish people would learn not to put down homemakers, retired or not. I know two who have law degrees, and have known many others who are very sharp cookies who enjoyed running rings around those who assumed they had no interests outside the home. A PACER account would be right up their alley.

I agree, it is sad all the way around. As I recall this happened on a HAL Charter. It was, as I remember a "Nude Cruise." It would seem to me that these cruises put might put temptations in the way of people that might not otherwise be there. It might be wise to consider not chartering the ship to such groups.

Are you serious right now!? The guy did not beat and rape a woman because nude people were too much "temptation". He did it because he is a violent person and a rapist. The answer isn't to deny charter access to an entire community of people on the basis of them being "too much of a temptation".

That's like saying that people shouldn't drive nice cars or have a nice house because it might be "too tempting", and cause an otherwise honest person to steal the car or rob the house.

Hi Hank,

> Bottom line was that the victim did absolutely nothing wrong (or that contributed to the assault) and she is a very lucky lady to be alive.

He didn't attack her at random. You might recall that she called the cabin attendant "a son of a *****", which he felt was a grave slur on his mother and the rest of his family.

One must be careful what one says when dealing with people from other cultures.

Ira

Oh jeez! That's right! How DARE she say anything that could, possibly, be taken as an insult to someone of another culture. When looking at it that way, I TOTALLY see how she had it coming to her. </snarcasm>

Seriously dude! Way to blame the victim! For one, according to the report, she did not say, "You son of a b..", but rather, just said, "Son of a b...". You know, like someone might do when frustrated because their room service arrived earlier than they thought and they're stuck in the loo and unable to come to the door? For another, even if she had ripped him a new one, up one side and down the other, using every profanity and slur in the book, with a few more thrown in for good measure, that STILL does not, by any stretch of the imagination, justify a physical attack of any sort, let alone brutally beating and anally raping someone!

Are you sure. She might be as honest or devious as an attorney ::D

100000% sure.

She wouldn't stay with ME otherwise.:eek:

She is supposed to be a smart woman so why is she with me.