3rd-8th Promotion

sesameking

I know right now they are running the promotion 3rd person is free (excluding tax). Is that something that is always running? I was going to book (May, 2016) by the 31st to qualify for this but hear additional promos are coming June 1st. I do not want to lose the 3rd guest free promo though.

Thoughts?

The 3rd-8th guest free (or "half" off) is continuing through July, although there is no guarantee that your sailing will still be free (I guess that they could change which sailings are free and which are half off).

I know right now they are running the promotion 3rd person is free (excluding tax). Is that something that is always running? I was going to book (May, 2016) by the 31st to qualify for this but hear additional promos are coming June 1st. I do not want to lose the 3rd guest free promo though.

Thoughts?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215209

This link shows a graphic for the June promo that says friends sail free but if you read the terms and conditions it says on select sailings.

Who knows if your sailing will still have it when the new promo starts.

On my currently booked sailing the 3rd/4th were free in April but when May promo started it was 50% off.

Bill

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215209

This link shows a graphic for the June promo that says friends sail free but if you read the terms and conditions it says on select sailings.

Who knows if your sailing will still have it when the new promo starts.

On my currently booked sailing the 3rd/4th were free in April but when May promo started it was 50% off.

Bill

Bill, I just have to ask you...did you make your signature line with the different cruise line symbols and amounts of times cruised in it? I just love it. :)

It may be my imagination, but it feels to me as though whatever names they apply to the various free or half price promotion, they alter the underlying base price so the effect is not quite what it seems it should be. i've been looking at prices for a cruise for a while, and through all the permutations it seems there's a six of one, half dozen of the other aspect.

Conversely, if you're a party of two, pay attention to when the third person "free" promos end, because the base fares may drop.

Since you're booking very far in advance, I would book now and check back later on June 1. If prices are still same, just rebook. Why take a chance on losing ksf? It is the best discount if you have at least 4 in a cabin. I think as each sailing is filling up, ksf goes away. My Dec cruise which is low season has gone to ksf50 from ksf. Ksf use to be for very few select sailings in the fall.

We booked the friends & family sail free awhile back. This worked out great as we only have to pay the tax & port charges for the other 4 in our cabin (plus tips of course). I grabbed this for this reason but found out we all get the dining package, just the first 2 get the drink package the other get soda packages, first 2 get the standard tips, will pay for the kids, plus 175.00 toward shore excursion. Don't think I will be changing this trip even if it is a little cheaper in June. Plus we get 21 points each puts Mike & I over the top tier though not sure it matters on NCL.

Booked ours last week for September 15 and just checked our 3-8th went from free last week to now its 50% off. I'd say book now and if you dont have a penalty for cancelling then you can do that later if you find something better. We did this about 4 months ago for a family trip in July and havent seen anything better. Book early and watch the rates and promos. We have found a couple of agencies are worse at cancellation fees than others, check around.