ARUBA, BONAIRE, GRAND TURK which side of ship to see these ports

dotheyes

we are going on the Sunshine to Aruba Bonaire and Grand Turk

we have a balcony and not going to be able to get off the ship

so we would like to be able to see these ports from the balcony

Can anyone tell us PORT or STARBOARD

thanks in advance for your help

dot

There is no set way for docking. The captain docks however the circumstances warrant on any given day (I imagine currents/tides/winds make a difference).

I was on a B2B that stopped in Nassau both legs. One leg we pulled in; next leg he turned her around and backed in at the same pier on the same side both times.

Don't think there's any way to know. I wouldn't book a cabin based on expecting to be facing the port.

we just booked the cruise and there is still an option to change cabins

The worst thing is we were just on this same cruise in February and neither

of us can remember which side the ports were on. Old age is terrible but it beats the alternative

byw this will probably be our last cruise. Number 50 on Carnival

There is no set way for docking. The captain docks however the circumstances warrant on any given day (I imagine currents/tides/winds make a difference).

I was on a B2B that stopped in Nassau both legs. One leg we pulled in; next leg he turned her around and backed in at the same pier on the same side both times.

Don't think there's any way to know. I wouldn't book a cabin based on expecting to be facing the port.

agreed but think Aruba would go straight into the dock so that would be port side.

Bonaire is also on the Port side.

GT is also on the Port side.

Not sure if these can be reversed if the winds/tides are different. But for Aruba, twice in the past 3 months it was on the port side.

I check the port web cams for Aruba a lot and can't recall ever seeing a larger cruise ship that was not docked with the port side facing land. Can't recall seeing any different at GT either.

We will be going to Aruba, Curacao and GT in Nov. Booked port side for similar reasons.

Just an aside, we are formerly from Polk City, practically neighbors.;)

I think the docking is set at some ports for cleaning requirements. I remember docking a certain way in Miami, but when we returned, the captain flipped the ship. I remember a lot of maintenance and cleaning was being done on one side of the ship when we left, and flipping the ship allowed the same to be done on the other side. I am sure this happens at selected ports throughout the Caribbean.

Bonaire is also on the Port side.

GT is also on the Port side.

Not sure if these can be reversed if the winds/tides are different. But for Aruba, twice in the past 3 months it was on the port side.

If two ships are in GT good possibility one ship will block the other from seeing the beach.