Upgrade Angel flew today

vicocala

Hi everyone, well for my first cruise on NCL I and my DW are going to be spoiled. I got a call from my TA that my June 6th sailing was upgradeable from a large balcony to a Haven Spa Suite. The offer was for a $750 pp move which is $800 less than current pre-sail prices. My TA is throwing in an additional $125.00 OBC (total $225.00) and paying the upgrade price on the tips which were also originally free. No extra promos but we already have the aforementioned DSC and OBC as well as the UBP. We had already prepurchased specialty dinners, excursions and Wine Lovers so everything is now covered except convincing my wife why I am spending the money to spoil her rotten. :D

Thank you! We are very excited. My wife didn't kill me after all! :eek: It was more like "What did you do now?" LOL

It will be fun and she deserves it after a trying year of teaching kindergartners.

Upsell Angel, that's how I would describe it - but, OP is happy with the deal at a fair price, that's all that matter, especially to treat one's spouse/life partner, etc. The spa portion has a fair market value on it otherwise, if purchased on its own. Congrats still - cheers.

And, win-win for NCL since they now have another cabin for last minute resale, with 2 weeks to go, or, can try to upsell someone else in Oceanview but eager to have the balcony, especially now that one is free to eat there (as it's been that way for two decades + ... that's a different topic, stand back :D :eek:)

Yes, I guess up sell would of been more accurate, but it is an upgrade. I don't think I got a super deal but it is still reasonable, basically splitting the difference between their asking price and my agreed large balcony price.

I am sure the large balconies are in great demand, it has been sold out the last two months, so someone else will be happy.

I received a real upgrade from HAL on my last cruise into a Neptune Suite so I am starting to get spoiled and cruising is becoming a little different experience.

Neptune Suites are great BUT NCL suite service spoils you forever! A butler eats Neptune Lounge anyway of the week....CONGRATS!

Considering NCL has a somewhat similar lounge for studio guests I can imagine it will be. Either way, avoiding long lines are what make both such wonderful perks and with this large a ship it is just what the doctor ordered. Especially as the Spa is included too.

Upgrading to a suite and you aRe FINISHED for life!

When our kids where still in a triple stroller we were upgraded. By Disney to a 2 bedroom suite.

It happened at a time in our life when we needed some TLC .

We were goners after that.

We really love the NCL suite life the best .

Sure, royal has free booze for a couple hours every evening, but the don't have a Haven.

I have a question or two about the butler:

1) do they bring you drinks? If so, are the rules about room service and the UBP moot for Haven guests? Would you even want to do this given the time for the butler to get it and bring it to you?

2) The butler isn't on the DSC are they? What would be considered an appropriate tip? Does $50.00 sound high, low or about right?

Thanks!