The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Western Caribbean on the Oasis of the Seas, May 9 – 1

Our reservations for that night were for the Production Show, “Come Fly With Me”. This one by far the best production I have ever seen on a ship. The special effects and acrobatics were so well timed that I kept poking Steve in the ribs and saying, “How do they do that? Here is just a glimpse of what we saw. Pictures can’t do it justice as the effects and timing just cannot be captured by a still camera.

DSC01242-L.jpg

Ok, compare Blue Planet with Fly with me, and in a year, I'll let you know if you're right.

Ginny we at at all the venues you did not. We enjoyed Sabor, Izumi, 150, Giovani's and almost all the ones you ate at.

IMO, Sabor is a huge improvement over Rita's Cantina (Allure) and I wouldn't go to the seafood place that was on Oasis. I'm thinking we will do Sabor on 2 sea day lunches when we are on Oasis. The first sea day will be our 35th anniversary.

Edited by BillOh

Great review Ginny. You are a natural at it. Enjoyed it very much.

We had to miss this cruise but the grandkids esp eager for Freedom Of The Seas this month.

Thanks

Laura

Have a great time on Freedom Laura, I put it almost even with Allure for me.

Bill you have to remember that Sabor is not free. If I remember Rita's was free except for the drinks.

Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast unless you get a milk shake.

I don't remember any restaurant exclusive for sea food. Izumi has sushi or the tepanaki tables with the cooking show. It is really fun if you go with a group you know.

Norine

Ginny sorry to see that your review is finished. I enjoyed reliving the 2 weeks on Oasis. I just wish I could have brought home a few of the chefs and room steward.

Norine

Thank you so much, Norine. Yes, about the chef's and stewards. I sit at the dinner table and a wonderful meal no longer magically appears. And if I don't make my bed, well it is a mess at night.:(

I'm not sure what venues are closed for lunch during embarkation. Have a backup plan just in case. We headed straight for the boardwalk area and had hot dogs.

Yes, I am glad Sabor was open, but I do think it usually is. We just wanted to relax n comfort until our cabin was open. I try to avoid crowds and I think the Windjammer and the Park Cafe are at their worse on embarkment day. As t worked out, we had a nice lunch at Sabor, just the right size. It is ala carte, so you can go big or small. We went pretty small. If we had had a big meal at Giovanni's it would have been too much with Chops that night.

The picture of the Belly Flop Contest....PERFECT!!!:)

LOL! I loved the shadow, that is why I pcked that one. But I have lots more on the rest of the pictures from that day. Our balcony gave us the perfect vantage point. The beely flop contest is always fun.

:) Thank you for a great review. Lots of good tips. I am so excited for our first time on Oasis in a few weeks.

Thank you very much for following along.:) Enjoy your cruise!

Bravo Ginny, another fantastic review, its just like being there!!

Hmmm, with that said, one of these cruises we will join you!!! Just can't do the BIG ships.

Nice job Ginny! Hoping we sail together soon.

Sue

I want to sail with both of you, too!

Linda, I always said I would never do the big ships until I sailed Allure. Then I just had to go back on the Oasis. We will probably try Harmony at some point, too. It is not the same experience as the smaller ships, but a good experience none the less.

Sue, I have been reading Max's Mom's Jewel review and I saw your picture. It made me smile.:)

Thanks Ginny for the Fantastic review, enjoyed it so much! I guess we will have to break down one of these days and sail on one of the mega ships! Look forward to meeting you on the Panama Canal cruise, good luck with your health issues, you are in my thoughts. :)

Thank you! Come on over to the Arizona Cruiser's thread. We are in the process of planning a summer party. We can meet before the Panama Canal and have a head start!

Great review Ginny. You are a natural at it. Enjoyed it very much.

We had to miss this cruise but the grandkids esp eager for Freedom Of The Seas this month.

Thanks

Laura

Thank you, Laura. You will have a great time with those grandkids and have memories enough for all to last a lifetime. We have never sailed a Freedom Class ship. We would like to do it sometime.

I see Gene doesn't cruise without his Tuxedo t-shirt. I can't criticize, I have my shirts I must bring.

Well, you know Steve, Hawaiian shirts all the way!

Ok, compare Blue Planet with Fly with me, and in a year, I'll let you know if you're right.

I enjoyed both shows a lot. But, I think that Come Fly wth Me has an edge over Blue Planet. JMHO. It was the timing and the special effects that were so marvelous. Of course, that can vary with the cast that is performing at any given time, also.

I should have copyrighted that! At least its not the Lisa memorial bridge.

LOL! Yes, I am happy that it wll just go down into history as "Lisa's Bridge".

Bill you have to remember that Sabor is not free. If I remember Rita's was free except for the drinks.

Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast unless you get a milk shake.

I don't remember any restaurant exclusive for sea food. Izumi has sushi or the tepanaki tables with the cooking show. It is really fun if you go with a group you know.

Norine

I do believe that Rta's had a cover charge, but I never went there. The Seafood Shack was the restaurant on Oasis that Sabor replaced after the drydock. Again, I never went there but it didn't get very good press on these boards.

I so enjoyed this! Even though we won't be on this ship, you visited 2 of the 3 ports we will visit on our cruise in February so that was great to see. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the positive input! It takes a lot of time and wthout input you sometimes think you are talking to air, LOL.:D

Enjoy your cruise. We have mostly cruised the Eastern and Southern Caribbean in the past. We have not done the Western in a long time. We truly enjoyed our beach days. Our cruises last year were port intensive with a lot of touring and our next cruise will mostly involve tours, also. This one was a nice break, just what the doctor ordered.:)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I actually prefer beach days so I was a happy camper on this cruise getting so much R&R. My body really needed it too. I know most people go on cruises for the locations but for me, I want beaches. I live in Arizona and the only beaches I see are on my cruises so all I wanna do is float in the water and let my cares wash away. Heaven!! That is why I have never been on an Alaskan cruise. Hard to have beach days in Alaska.

I am doing well, thank you. It was maintenence chemo to make sure I keep doing well! The weight loss is the best thing I could have done for myself. Yesterday I was able to get a lot done on the review. I felt too bad to move around at all, but good enough to type!

So glad you're doing well. Your review made me want to do a Caribbean cruise although the length of the flights puts us off. Thank you for all your effort! Ken

I actually prefer beach days so I was a happy camper on this cruise getting so much R&R. My body really needed it too. I know most people go on cruises for the locations but for me, I want beaches. I live in Arizona and the only beaches I see are on my cruises so all I wanna do is float in the water and let my cares wash away. Heaven!! That is why I have never been on an Alaskan cruise. Hard to have beach days in Alaska.

I cruise for different reasons. This cruise was all about relaxing, just like you. And did we ever relax!:D I am really looking forward to our tours on the Panama Canal itinerary, though. And we are planning a 2017 cruise in the Med. That wll be all tours, too. Maybe I can fir a beach day there, LOL!

My Steve did say last night that he really enjoyed just laying around the beach for a change.

So glad you're doing well. Your review made me want to do a Caribbean cruise although the length of the flights puts us off. Thank you for all your effort! Ken

Oh, you really need to experience the Caribbean at least once! To see the islands the Southern itineraries out of San Juan are wonderful and would be a shorter flight for you than all the way to Florida. And do a B2B to make that flight worth while. See my review of the Jewel last year (in my signature below) to see what I am talking about.:)

really enjoying your cruise. Did you make reservations for the specialty restaurants before the cruise or while onboard? It's hard for me to decided where I'm going to eat 3 months out .

We waited until we got on the ship and then we made our Chops reservations for that night in order to get the BOGO deal. We had no probelm getting all of us together at the same time for that. For Sabor there was no need for reservations, It was pretty empty on boarding day. I don't think you will have any problems.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Loving your review & pictures, so good. :) We also love Oasis, been on her twice. Really sad that they did away with the "secret balcony's", my DH loved going out there in the afternoon for a quick nap or to read in the shade, he is not a pool, sun person! :D But of course that won't keep us from sailing on her again!

Make a real trip of it. Spend some time in the US then finish it off with a nice relaxing cruise around the Caribbean :-). That's my plan at least. I figure it's 24hrs+ to get there, I may as well make the most of it. ;-)