island or coral

Nonnie1975

We are going to the Panama Canal in January of 2016. Which one should we take? The dates we leave doesn't matter to us. Is one ship better that the other? Also think one goes to Aruba and the other to Grand Caymen? TIA

Since the Island has already had the nasty drydock and the coral has not, PRIOR to the drydock I would say Coral because she will be less crowded, still have the sanctuary pool and aft decks.

That said, pick the one with the itinerary that works best. I haven't looked, but often one does partials and the other full...

I am sure that you know they are sisters so are pretty much alike. We have been on the Coral a couple of times and have always enjoyed her. Over the years I have only read reviews on the Island and the preference seems to be for the Coral. If I had to choose between Aruba and Grand Cayman even though we are rather tired of Aruba, I would pick Aruba, the culture on the island is quite different and there tends to be more to...at least in my opinion.

The island and coral rotate between doing Jamaica and Grand Caymen. I prefer Grand Caymen--- so check and see which ship does which port for the sailing date you prefer. So itinerary first. Then if it is a choice between the ships, I would prefer the Coral (before it gets ruined after dry dock)-- had been on the Island years ago, and it was a nice ship. Personally, I don't like the changes that were made to it. But itinerary trumps all, jmho