The Wake Show with Lisa Ball and Paul Chandler-Burns

Jo and Rob

We like Lisa Ball!

I liked Lisa a lot last year on the Royal. She is very personable and by the time I was on the ship for a few days, it was like I had made a new friend. A great Ambassador for Princess.

What I like about the Wake show.

Even though there are advertisements from various depts., you are introduced to the people that run it. We cruise often and it is fun when we see a familiar face on the Wake show.

For first time cruisers, it is really nice that they see what is offered around the ship.

We have been on several cruises with JJ Ulrich. I know people don't care for him. However, he has always shown up for Cruise Critic M&G. There are some that never show (and they do get the invitations). I have spoken to JJ on several occassions. He is a nice guy and does his job well organizing activities. I think possibly he comes off very polished (like a radio announcer, my opinion.

We have been on cruises where we never see the CD, the Patters are all wrong, copied from a previous cruise and don't match up to present one, CD never even introduces or comes out after show in Princess theatre, and never is involved with game shows. There are some like that on Princess and I won't bother to name names.

So back to the Wake show. I think the newer format is something that Princess requires now. Anything the CD can do to jazz it up is great.

The Wake Show is a fun thing to do every morning. We always partake in the question of the day and make it a point to find time to drop our answer off in the box. We have been on a lot of Princess (and other lines) cruises and Kelvin wins hands down for the best Wake Show. He also wins in my book for the best CD. We will be sailing with him (for the 4th time) on the Crown for a B2B in July. :)

We have been lucky enough to sail with Kelvin Joy who has had us in stitches watching the Wake Show. I'm wondering whether it is always a good show or if it is very Cruise Director dependent. In August we will be sailing with Lisa Ball and then Paul Chandler-Burns. Do all Wake Shows have competitions and messages from passengers or is that just a Kelvin Joy format. He also uses music really well too.

Just recently sailed with Paul Burns and Corey (assistant)

They were a hoot!

They called a Bingo session together one afternoon, and I've never laughed so hard during Bingo.

Paul had a great variety of games and trivia.