Just booked Carnival Pride for Feb 2016!

Thanks to Jammin, mitzugirly, and a couple of others, I booked last night for a sailing on Carnival Pride for Feb of next year. Those of you that do great reviews really should get commission with Carnival! My PVP got me cabin 8232 so I am super excited about the balcony!

Now I need your suggestions on how to surprise my husband with this cruise! Any great ideas?

Thanks to Jammin, mitzugirly, and a couple of others, I booked last night for a sailing on Carnival Pride for Feb of next year. Those of you that do great reviews really should get commission with Carnival! My PVP got me cabin 8232 so I am super excited about the balcony!

Now I need your suggestions on how to surprise my husband with this cruise! Any great ideas?

Congrats on the booking!! I'm sure you will have a GREAT time on the Pride.

Perhaps you can surprise him by making it an Anniversary or Christmas present to yourselves. :)

Never been on this ship...maybe I need to check it out!!:D As far as the surprise goes- here's what I did. I am the cruise planner at our house so he is just agreeable to whatever I plan anyway, but I wanted to do something fun and different to surprise him so I just didn't tell him!!:p

I secured his time off of work with his boss on the downlow and booked our adventure. I packed up his suitcase and mine and stored it in the trunk of my SIL's car. On the day of the cruise he thought we were meeting them to spend the day so we all piled into their car on our way out to "brunch". My SIL said he needed to stop by the airport on the way to pick up a car rental form and so that is where we went!! When we went there I said I don't really feel like going to brunch..let's go on a cruise instead..he started laughing and said "I wish!" WISH GRANTED!!! He was so surprised and we had a great time... I'm not sure you could do that for a female though...I would not want him to pack for me!! lol

Oh I am female. My previous post was that I didn't think I could keep a secret that long! I have no idea how you did it. Great idea though!!! I just don't know I can keep it a secret until Christmas, much less, February!! lol I am the planner too though and he just goes along with whatever. Plus I would love to tell family we want cruise cash for Christmas!

Father's Day is coming up..why not make it a gift for that? I have been on 12 Carnival cruises and my favorite ship to date is the Pride. We are doing a B2B in Jan 2016 for 21 days on her..can't wait !!! Enjoy

My husband had said he didn't want to go on any more cruises. I attribute that to the fact we cruised on the Breeze one week before he was scheduled for thyroid surgery and I think he just wasn't feeling well due to his health.

One day, though, he slipped and said something about how relaxing cruising was. So I booked a cruise without telling him. A month later, on Valentine's Day, I gave him a card about our JOURNEY through life together.(We've been married for 47 years.) Next, I gave him a card that was a Bon Voyage card. He said, "Oh, oh, where are we going?"

At that point, I handed him my iPad all cued up to the Power Point I had made all about our upcoming cruise. You can see the Power Point at the beginning of the review of the Freedom in my signature. Watching him view and read the Power Point was a lot of fun and a fun surprise.

Husband and I took a cruise for our honeymoon. We decided that my FIL's fiance really needed a vacation as well and deserved it (rough time with work and stuff like that). So we got with my FIL and discussed us paying for her flight and cruise, if he took care of her on board expenses. The hardest secret I EVER kept! But managed to keep it for about 3 months or so. We told her Christmas would be awesome but she just couldn't figure it out. Thought we were busted one day when she commented "Not like I'm going on your honeymoon with you" but she had no clue. For Christmas we printed off the booking information (with her and FILs name and room number) and put it in a Carnival cup. We wrapped it up and hid it so it would be the last present. Once everyone else was done opening, we gave it to her so all eyes were on her. She cried because she honestly had no idea. Best Christmas ever! So...if you can't keep the secret that long, find a reason to give him a present sooner! :)

CONGRATS!!! I hope you have a wonderful time on the Pride!

As far as suggestions...I was going to say a Christmas gift as well, but like you said, it's hard to keep a secret.

This is what I did....for my daughter, so not sure if it would be appropriate for the hubby or you could change it up a bit.

I got a shadow box, put sand in it and some little fish ornaments (from the hobby store), put a ocean/sky background in the back of it and put the ship logo on it. I attached some wine glasses to the outside. Then I had purchased a air flight gift card to the outside and also got a small bottle to make a "message in the bottle" and wrote out a certificate for the cruise. (Ours was for NCL, but still the same). She opened up her gift...that kept giving. :D

I will have to see if I can find a picture to share.

We have a bowling alley booked as well for our upcoming cruise! I cannot wait!!!

I surprised my husband and had a book done by one of those photo companies. I told him that a co-worker had recently gone on the Pride and let me borrow it. It started off with pictures of the boat and the ports. Then, about 3/4 of the way, through it had our wedding pictures and Happy Anniversary. Then pics of our room and the balcony. He was floored!!!! I gave it to him on New Year's, I only had to keep the secret a few months. I don't know if I could for 6 months. Does he have a birthday coming up soon?

Edited by Storm0075