American Airlines ?

Kudos2Fly

I have book American Airlines from MCO to SJU. With hearing about Delta and Northwest, which I just flew on both of them out to Yellowstone :-(.

Does any know the status of American. Are they doing well. I'll be flying them in Feb.

Kim

Reading between the lines, it seems to me that AA has quietly put a lot of its house in much better order over the last couple of years. With little song and dance, but with a lot of genuine workforce input and cooperation. It's a pity that it's been spoilt by one or two unfortunate incidents concerning top management, but maybe that's all behind them now.

American is probably the strongest financially of all the legacy carriers. It almost was forced into bankruptcy back in 2003, but made some major changes in management and its employees made major concessions in order to keep it out of bankruptcy. In fact, it was one of the few airlines to make a profit in the 2nd quarter of this year.

... United, US Airways, ATA, Hawaiian and Aloha have already filed.
It should be noted that Hawaiian is already out of Chapter 11.

Also, US Airways should be leaving shortly for its bright new future as the continuing brand for the merged America West/US Airways airline.

I couldn't immediately find ATA's current status but they are now being backed by Southwest.

Archived