MTD reservations still possible in advance?

I am unable to make MTD reservations for my August 30 cruise on Navigator. My cruise planner shows only specialty restaurants available to reserve...no option for the MDR. Cruise is 91 days away. Does Royal still allow MTD reservations in advance, or do they open them up closer to the cruise date?

I am unable to make MTD reservations for my August 30 cruise on Navigator. My cruise planner shows only specialty restaurants available to reserve...no option for the MDR. Cruise is 91 days away. Does Royal still allow MTD reservations in advance, or do they open them up closer to the cruise date?

Yes, it's still possible to make MTD reservations in advance. My understanding is that each ship may be different in when they start taking advanced reservations. Keep checking your sailing and they will probably open soon. I recently made MTD reservations for my September 18 sailing on Jewel of the Seas.

The timing of when MTD reservations open up varies by ship. For our upcoming cruise in June on Liberty, I was not able to make reservations until the beginning of April. But, our cruise on Anthem for April of 2016 I did months ago.

Just keep trying.

Edited by cruisenfever

The timing of when MTD reservations open up varies by ship. For our upcoming cruise in June on Liberty, I was not able to make reservations until the beginning of April. But, our cruise on Anthem for April of 2016 I did months ago.

Just keep trying.

Thanks all...will keep trying. Since I have already made MTD reservations on the Liberty for December 6, it didn't seem right that Navigator on August 30 was not open yet. Will keep checking...