Koningsdam Cabin Sizes

ravinblue

A passenger that was on the first cruise informed me today that the beds are shorter than on the other ships. The reason is that the cabins are smaller.

We stopped crusining on RCCL years ago for the same reason, bed sizes less than standard.

No tub in balcony cabin a deal braker for us... will not cruise new HAL ships.

A passenger that was on the first cruise informed me today that the beds are shorter than on the other ships. The reason is that the cabins are smaller.

The beds were the exact same size. No idea where that came from, but it's total BS

From the persons own experience, as posted. I see no reason why he would blatently lie. He is four star.

Could he simply have been mistaken? There have been so many people posting their observations about time aboard the K'dam, yet not a single passenger has reported the beds being shorter AFAIK.

Could he simply have been mistaken? There have been so many people posting their observations about time aboard the K'dam, yet not a single passenger has reported the beds being shorter AFAIK.

Apparently it is not so significant that it is readily noticable, only for large persons lying on the bed.

Just for the sake of argument, making the cabins 4 inches less wide would not be noticed if you also shorten the bed somewhat. Times 70 cabins is additional 4 cabins per deck, times say 7 decks is an additional 28 cabinsand more revenue. Look what they did to the promenade deck.

They are not going to have the manufacturer make beds shorter for one ship only! Makes no sense...not cost effective.

No malice intended and just for the sake of argument :),

beds are already made in different sizes and lenghts. I know, because I have a nonstandard lenght, and it was no problem ordering one and that's just me, let alone a few thousand for a ship.

This may not be the case here. However , to me, the gentleman sounded very genuine.