Bottomless Bubbles Package

Loggerhead

Never on the Esctasy or Elation.

Have you been on those ships since the cruises in your signature? This seems to have come into practice last fall.

OP, most of the time we did.(Freedom in Dec.) seemed like at the pool bars they would just wave at my husband and get him a coke but everywhere else he had to sign.

We can't have opposing views here. It upsets people.

Hahahahaha. Well it's not a view, it's a fact. I was on Glory May 9-16 and all 3 of us had BB. We all had to sign receipts EACH time we got a soda, even when it said $0.00 (the only time it had an amount on it was when we were in a US Port. Miami was the only one this cruise as it was a Western itinerary).

They changed it last year. I even started a thread about it when I was on Glory in October. Do a search. It's all there.

Hahahahaha. Well it's not a view, it's a fact. I was on Glory May 9-16 and all 3 of us had BB. We all had to sign receipts EACH time we got a soda, even when it said $0.00 (the only time it had an amount on it was when we were in a US Port. Miami was the only one this cruise as it was a Western itinerary).

They changed it last year. I even started a thread about it when I was on Glory in October. Do a search. It's all there.

I agree with you and have experienced the same.

I just say that because in a couple of threads today I have disagreed with OP and I have been told I out of touch with reality. People just want to you to agree with each other regardless. Sure OP, you can get your 18 year old drunk on the boat.

Edited by ZanziBarred

We just got off the Pride last month and yes, we had to sign every single time. I really don't understand this practice??? :confused: We didn't have to do this on our Dream cruise in 2013 and we certainly don't do this (ever) on NCL. :(

No cruises since September on Carnival. I was hoping they stopped that practice. It's extra work for the bartenders and takes longer.

Not to mention a huge waste of paper. They want to be taken seriously that they're trying to reduce waste etc...stop generating thousands of little pointless slips of paper on every cruise every week. They could cut costs right there and their customers would be happy about it.

I agree with you and have experienced the same.

I just say that because in a couple of threads today I have disagreed with OP and I have been told I out of touch with reality. People just want to you to agree with each other regardless. Sure OP, you can get your 18 year old drunk on the boat.

Ha, I just read those. Too funny. What does signing receipts for soda-pop have to do with getting anyone drunk?

In March this year the grandkids had to sign each time on the Magic. It does make extra work for bartenders and it slows down the flow, probably on purpose. Don't forget the same bartenders serve people who are on the UBP as well. These people have to sign receipts too. More work=less time serving drinks=fewer drinks served. You'll notice that the walking around waiters are not as ubiquitous as they were before all the beverage packages. It's all part of a master plan to get more of your money. If you sign a receipt, you MIGHT add a tip.

Yes, I had to sign on our Feb. Sunshine cruise. Actually did me a favor as when I counted the number of Diet Cokes that was on my S&S card, I stopped drinking anything except water. Saturday will be three full months so THANK YOU Carnival for opening my eyes.

On the Glory once and Triumph 3 times in 2014, Triumph and Magic in 2015 and we had to sign starting with the Glory cruise.

On the Triumph again in a few days, will report back.

Edited by BallFour4

So many different answers! I don't think anyone is lying, I am sure Carnival is exhibiting more of their inconsistent consistencies.

I was on the Elation in Dec 2014 and on Dream in April 2015 and both times had BB and both times had to sign a receipt for every single drink.

So many different answers! I don't think anyone is lying, I am sure Carnival is exhibiting more of their inconsistent consistencies.

That, and OP said recent, which some believe recent to be 9-10 months ago, before receipt-gate went into effect, hence the multiple answers. That type of thing always happens on here especially after a procedure change.

Just found this on the Carnival.com FAQs:

"Applicable state and local sales taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $2 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.20 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call)."

Is this why they make you sign a receipt now? And does that mean that every time my 9-year-old signs a receipt for her BB soda on our Alaska cruise next week, my folio will be charged tax? :confused:

No cruises since September on Carnival. I was hoping they stopped that practice. It's extra work for the bartenders and takes longer.

I presume it is an inventory check, since no extra tip is required as you tip when you purchase the program. I bet the "beards" want to know what portion of soda is going to bottomless bubbles vs in mixed drinks vs sold by the glass.

I asked the question to help me decide whether to purchase the package on my June 27 th cruise. I probably won't because it was such a hassle and bartenders looked so put out when we ordered sodas. One bartender even added a beer to our account that we didn't order or receive after treating us rudely for ordering sodas. We did complain and got it removed from our bill.