Britannia - Dinner With Celebrity Chef

davenew

Just wondered if anyone has done this yet.

We have James Martin on our cruise, and I have found out it is £150ph.

Anyone know what a typical menu is?

Do they include wine pairings? - and;

Was it worth the cost?

Thinking about doing this for our 35th wedding anniversary.

WOW!! £300 to have dinner with someone you have never met before and will probably never meet again!

That would pay for 6 nights for yourself and your lovely lady to go to the fine dining venues or do 5 nights and have a bottle of bubbles on your anniversary night.

If you decide to do the James Martin night I sincerely hope you have a lovely, special evening but goodness, it would have to be good to merit that kind of cost in my opinion.

For that price I would want him to cook my meal in front of me, serve it, top my wine up and entertain me with witty stories, oh and then do the washing up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For that price I would want him to cook my meal in front of me, serve it, top my wine up and entertain me with witty stories, oh and then do the washing up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He he!! :) Seriously though. I read somewhere that "the celebrity" does not spend the whole meal with just the one table......and the table is not for three but is a large table with all paying the large amount of money. And that there are a few tables in the venue...what venue would it be?? It would have to be sort of private because if one paid a lot of money to have time with the celebrity one wouldn't want "non payers" earwigging in.

Ive just mentioned this topic to my DH and he said that the same format is used in the "play a round of golf with ( a famous golfer ). The golfer plays 2 holes with the paying guest, then plays two holes with another paying guest and so on. ( he actually said....then they b****r off and play with someone else who has been ripped off! )

Has any other cruise line this sort of "feature"? Might be worth trawling the other forums to see what the score is.

Edited by jasperado

If I remember correctly the cookery evening hosted by a celebrity chef is where he cooks the dishes for the select guest with a dining table in a special area of the cookery school.

I thinks is in one of the Britannia trailers.

Edited by Scorpio41

The more I turn this conundrum over in my head, the more I see what a serious money making and bad value for money venture this is.

There HAS to be a lot "tickets" available for each "dining experience".

There is no way that Mr Martin or any of the celebrity chefs are going to land themselves with what could be, quite possibly the "come dine with me misfits from hell" for two hours and for a "measly" £300 (gross!) in the pocket.

Lots of tickets.......minimum time with each punter.....spread yourself thin and put yourself about.......job's a good'un!

I apologise if I have burst bubbles.

Kind regards.

If I remember correctly the cookery evening hosted by a celebrity chef is where he cooks the dishes for the select guest with a dining table in a special area of the cookery school.

I thinks is in one of the Britannia trailers.

Just watched a trailer that James Martin was being interviewed. I think you are correct Scorpio that the "experience" is to watch the chef cook for you, then you eat the wares.

Saw a brief glimpse of the table that will be used.....one seat at the head, then at least 7 chairs on one side of the table (probably another 7 on the other side).

So I erase the previous picture I have in my head of the chef wandering around a large room and sitting for a short while with a few people at a time and I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Going to have my beans on toast now :D

Just watched a trailer that James Martin was being interviewed. I think you are correct Scorpio that the "experience" is to watch the chef cook for you, then you eat the wares.

Saw a brief glimpse of the table that will be used.....one seat at the head, then at least 7 chairs on one side of the table (probably another 7 on the other side).

So I erase the previous picture I have in my head of the chef wandering around a large room and sitting for a short while with a few people at a time and I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Going to have my beans on toast now :D

s

Thanks for the comments. I have the same toughts - for 300 quid I would want Raymond Blanc, but was trying to get some real info by somebody who has "done" the experience.

We did similar on Oasis, but it was only $95 each and came with 5 wine pairings.

That was a good meal...........but 300 quid, it wants to be really good.

I wouldn't pay that even for Raymond Blanc. It's just food isn't it? Imagine what you can do with £300

Thanks, another subjective comment, but has anyone actually done this on Britannia?