Ventura - 'secret' outside area?

wobblybob74

Hello all,

I've seen a few photos recently of people standing on a deck area directly atop the bridge of Ventura. Looking at the deck plans, there appear to be two doors right at the front of the Lido deck that lead out onto a deck area. Is this the access to the deck on top of the bridge and is it open to all?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Edited by wobblybob74

Hello all,

I've seen a few photos recently of people standing on a deck area directly atop the bridge of Ventura. Looking at the deck plans, there appear to be two doors right at the front of the Lido deck that lead out onto a deck area. Is this the access to the deck on top of the bridge and is it open to all?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Yes the entrance to that part is via the doors on the Lido deck.

Its been a couple of years now but on our 3 Ventura cruises they only opened it on the Venice sail in and out. It was a stunning position to be in to see that wonderful view. I think they dont open it too often as there are cabins facing that platform that are overlooked if people are on that platform on top of the bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Yes the entrance to that part is via the doors on the Lido deck...

...I think they dont open it too often as there are cabins facing that platform that are overlooked if people are on that platform on top of the bridge.

Thanks for that. I'm hoping that they open it for the arrival into and departure from Lisbon.

I sailed on Ventura last weekend and stayed in cabin number L102 this has a window that looks straight out onto this deck, it has however a mirrored glass window so you cannot see into this row of cabins. I deliberately went out and tried this to see if I needed to shut curtains for changing! There are two doors leading out onto this area, sometimes locked one is plain and the other (starboard side) said Forward Observation Deck, it is locked at a certain time nightly I believe, probably when it gets dark. It also says minimum age allowed on this deck is 16 but I think this is to stop irritating foot tapping on the bridge roof. So you can try going out on it on a sail in, the wings of the bridge allow good views along side of ship and rearwards. You can also see staff swimming pool and hot tub. The alternative if it is closed is a deck higher outside perimeter of the Oasis Spa and Gym areas but then it will be looking forwards only.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

If you really want to be at the top of the ship, go aft up to deck 19 - sky deck- on Azura (assume same for Ventura) where they play deck quoits. It's very quiet ( unless a quoits tournament is going on - usually around 1030 am) . Great place to be for leaving Lisbon - reckon you could almost touch the bridge above you. And the stairs are almost hidden after you get out the lift on deck 18 and not many people seem to be bothered to go up there. There were sun loungers up there too - usually empty!

If you really want to be at the top of the ship, go aft up to deck 19 - sky deck- on Azura (assume same for Ventura) where they play deck quoits. It's very quiet ( unless a quoits tournament is going on - usually around 1030 am) . Great place to be for leaving Lisbon - reckon you could almost touch the bridge above you. And the stairs are almost hidden after you get out the lift on deck 18 and not many people seem to be bothered to go up there. There were sun loungers up there too - usually empty!

Yes on Ventura the equivalent deck is called Cirque Deck - Deck 19. Aft, this deck is reached by lift from only one of the Aft Lifts in the bank and a special button is provided to hail a lift for this deck only extreme starboard lift Aft bank. It used to be where the Bungee Catapult and trampoline were situated and currently there is not much in terms of facilities but an excellent high vantage point.

Regards John

The extra deck on Ventura makes this area not as easy to get to as Grand Princess. On Grand this area is part of the main upper deck and always open.

It was a great place to view a very early sail into Oslo.