UDP: Multiple speciality restuarants in a day?

fstuff1

got the June udp promo on Breakaway in July.

was thinking about doing this:

cagneys at 5:30pm

Teppanyaki at 9pm

i read it was possible in the past before Del Rio started giving away the UDP as promos.

is multiple specialty restaurants on the same day w/o additional charges still possible?

We've done it before. No reason to think that has changed. However, the 2 restaurants you have listed are the 2 at which we eat the largest meals, so we definitely couldn't have doubled up on those. LOL!

Some ships (not sure about Breakaway) have Teppanyaki open for lunch on sea days. You could do that.

Edited by LrgPizza

Even if you could, why would you?

That's like asking why do people horde food in their cabins, or why do some people consider a sandwich to be a "snack"? There isn't a good answer, just each cruiser's choice.

That's like asking why do people horde food in their cabins, or why do some people consider a sandwich to be a "snack"? There isn't a good answer, just each cruiser's choice.

Even if you could, why would you?

Well I can eat but some just pour it down lol

I never did 2 specialty restaurants in one night with UDP but I remember people were always saying you can dine in however many specialty restaurants you want.

We've done it before. No reason to think that has changed. However, the 2 restaurants you have listed are the 2 at which we eat the largest meals, so we definitely couldn't have doubled up on those. LOL!

LOL. I think I definitely eat my largest meals at Modernos. I think with OP, if he gets shrimp cocktail with 8 oz filet mignon and dessert to go, he can then save some room for teppanyaki.

Btw, I am curious on which 2 restaurants did you dine in in one night? Closest I have done that was getting breaded shrimp and skirt steak for a 'snack' from MDR and then teppanyaki 2 hrs later lol

I never did 2 specialty restaurants in one night with UDP but I remember people were always saying you can dine in however many specialty restaurants you want.

LOL. I think I definitely eat my largest meals at Modernos. I think with OP, if he gets shrimp cocktail with 8 oz filet mignon and dessert to go, he can then save some room for teppanyaki.

Btw, I am curious on which 2 restaurants did you dine in in one night? Closest I have done that was getting breaded shrimp and skirt steak for a 'snack' from MDR and then teppanyaki 2 hrs later lol

We had an early dinner at Shanghai's (which is a full restaurant on Epic, not just noodle bar), then we went to La Cucina late night for pizza. :)

We had an early dinner at Shanghai's (which is a full restaurant on Epic, not just noodle bar), then we went to La Cucina late night for pizza. :)

How was La Cucina? People said their pizza wasn't good but tbh, I am not snotty about pizza tho it's not to say the pizza in Garden Cafe is out of this world. I definitely want to try La Cucina on my next cruise.

I recall the hippo ride is now free.

Oops wrong thread.

NCL ships have hippo rides???

How was La Cucina? People said their pizza wasn't good but tbh, I am not snotty about pizza tho it's not to say the pizza in Garden Cafe is out of this world. I definitely want to try La Cucina on my next cruise.
I loved it on Epic, but I hated it on Getaway, so it just depends. It was definitely better than the $5 delivery crap, which still remains the worst pizza I've ever had in my life.

I loved it on Epic, but I hated it on Getaway, so it just depends. It was definitely better than the $5 delivery crap, which still remains the worst pizza I've ever had in my life.

OHH I see. Feel free to share any pictures of La Cucina!

And LOL $5 pizza. I mean, I have never gotten it but I can imagine if one really wants $5 pizza, simply go to Garden Cafe and just grab the whole pizza to go on various plates lol.

Do you have a favorite specialty restaurant? I have noticed my top 2 are Modernos and teppanyaki. I have been to teppanyaki so many times that I essentially know what the teppanyaki chef is gonna say and what jokes he's gonna tell..all while forcing a laugh and clapping after every stunt.

Do you have a favorite specialty restaurant? I have noticed my top 2 are Modernos and teppanyaki. I have been to teppanyaki so many times that I essentially know what the teppanyaki chef is gonna say and what jokes he's gonna tell..all while forcing a laugh and clapping after every stunt.

The same jokes and stunts hold true at the land versions of that place too. They are all the same, but still very tasty.

The same jokes and stunts hold true at the land versions of that place too. They are all the same, but still very tasty.

Ah yes, and I was about to say that too. If one has been to Benihana's or any teppanyaki place, the tricks will be identical. However, when I went to a teppanyaki in Reno, they do the onion volcano which is just awesome. I have a feeling NCL prohibits their teppanyaki chefs from doing that stunt. Sometimes it's interesting how the NCL teppanyaki chefs all sing the same songs!

OHH I see. Feel free to share any pictures of La Cucina!

And LOL $5 pizza. I mean, I have never gotten it but I can imagine if one really wants $5 pizza, simply go to Garden Cafe and just grab the whole pizza to go on various plates lol.

My favorites are probably Cagney's and Le Bistro. Moderno is probably my least favorite. I'm a big fan of Brazilian steakhouses on land, and in my opinion Moderno's salad/side bar is much smaller, and the meat seems lesser quality than the ones I've visited on land. It's still good, but I somehow leave disappointed.

With the exception of the brand new à la carte restaurants on Escape, we're not sure if we will do any of the specialty restaurants again. (Famous last words.)

Ah yes, and I was about to say that too. If one has been to Benihana's or any teppanyaki place, the tricks will be identical. However, when I went to a teppanyaki in Reno, they do the onion volcano which is just awesome. I have a feeling NCL prohibits their teppanyaki chefs from doing that stunt.....

They don't do the volcano on the ship? Bummer....then they can't do the choo-choo train either....

Our kids love the volcano & train (that's when they push the stacked onion across the griddle while it's still smoking...saying 'choo-choo').

They don't do the volcano on the ship? Bummer....then they can't do the choo-choo train either....

Our kids love the volcano & train (that's when they push the stacked onion across the griddle while it's still smoking...saying 'choo-choo').

Years ago cruises used to have Baked Alaska paraded around the dining room, "real" creme brûlée, etc. But the revised Safety Of Live At Sea (SOLAS) requirements - probably been in place the better part of a decade now - prohibit ANY open flame anywhere on the ship - even in the kitchen. Many cruise lines had to adapt their cooking strategies to account for this. So…. no volcano, no train, no open flame. (But still worth a dinner visit even with the standard patter…)

Also, our last La Cucina visit (February) was outstanding. Far better than our Bistro dinner that week. I also would strongly recommend Moderno - small, but "different" salad bar with lots of meat and cheese and the meats were excellent as well. (I still can't envision having 2 sit down dinners at the specialty restaurants in the same evening - even with the UDP…)

~Bob

Ah yes, and I was about to say that too. If one has been to Benihana's or any teppanyaki place, the tricks will be identical. However, when I went to a teppanyaki in Reno, they do the onion volcano which is just awesome. I have a feeling NCL prohibits their teppanyaki chefs from doing that stunt. Sometimes it's interesting how the NCL teppanyaki chefs all sing the same songs!
I was told that they can't do any stunts that involve fire....fire hazard.

Some ships (not sure about Breakaway) have Teppanyaki open for lunch on sea days. You could do that.

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 25% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

So there isn't a limit to how many specialty restaurants you eat at in an evening? I always assumed the way it was worded that you were limited to only one. If I can hit multiples (maybe just for an appetizer or desert) in a single evening I might go ahead and buy the package!

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 25% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

So there isn't a limit to how many specialty restaurants you eat at in an evening? I always assumed the way it was worded that you were limited to only one. If I can hit multiples (maybe just for an appetizer or desert) in a single evening I might go ahead and buy the package!

Plenty of people, not just me, have reported having done it. I can't recall anyone ever reporting that they were not permitted to do so. So perhaps your assumption isn't valid?

FWIW, we also had Cirque for free on the first night with UDP, but then dined at Le Bistro later the same night, instead of eating the meal at Cirque.

There is a youtube of someone taping their whole dinner at Teppanaki (I have no clue why you would do that), but they did do the volcano and train after the last meal. They just didn't light the volcano, just let it smoke! They put the Soy Sauce to have the lava overflow....

Agree, cant find anyone who does anything different and the jokes are all the same. Other than a chef on one of the Carnival cruises once had a little buddha sitting on the side and he had a little remote control button and it would lift its skirt and pee on the fire. Was hilarious.

Edited by oracer