Seattle to Vancouver shuttle. What time did you arrive?

dcsam

The bus to Vancouver (from Seattle airport) leaves at 10:30. According to HAL, we need to check in between 8 and 9:30. For those who've recently taken this transfer, what time did you arrive and how did it work for you?

Thank you.

I took this shuttle last August. I was on the first bus out (maybe an hour earlier than the 10:30 you were quoted), and we arrived at the Canada Place pier about 2:00 PM. The later bus was severely delayed and arrived just before muster drill.

We had a short rest stop while still on the US side of the border, and the required stop when we entered Canada. That did not take too long; there were maybe 4 busses in front of us?

Since I generally board before noon, I found myself very busy trying to get all those embarkation day chores done before muster, but I did manage.

This was not my first choice in how to arrive at Canada Place, but I would do it again if I had to.

We've driven to Vancouver on prior cruises. It's a 5-6 hour drive. We've spent the night there, but I prefer not to do this, as it's a real pain unloading, loading luggage. Taking HAL's transfers will cost about the same when all is said and done (fuel, hotel, extra night for dog sitter, meals). Just less hassle. I can kick back and let someone else worry about the driving. But the biggest plus is it allows us to be with our two furry critters one more night. :-)

We took the HAL shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver in May 2013. We were supposed to leave on the early shuttle. However, since there weren't enough people, HAL decided to do only one shuttle at the last minute and it was the later one. Everyone else was a Princess passenger and their ship was leaving later than ours. It did make one rest stop. When we got to the ship, we ran and made it just in time for the muster drill. Taking the shuttle is normally the best way to go. However, we will never take that shuttle again. We do take the HAL shuttle back to Seattle from Vancouver and it is always an enjoyable ride.

Diane

Can anyone give a ball park figure of the cost of this shuttle? Maybe considering it for May 2016.

IIRC (and I may not be), it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $80-$90. It was $79, or $89---something like that.