Advice on Fantasy pool please

Nirrakel

I need some advice please from anyone who's been on the Fantasy.

Is the pool too small for young children to safely play in? I'll be travelling with a 7 and 8 year old and I *really* want to try out a Disney ship but I'm fearful from viewing negative reviews that we won't be able to use the pool and that's a deal breaker for us.

We would be sailing October 30th from Florida if that affects things at all. I'm trying to decide between RCCL Allure and the Fantasy, I'd really like to try Disney but we use the pool a lot so that's a big factor for us!]

Thanks for any advice and opinions.

It really depends on WHEN you want to use the pool. All afternoon on a sunny sea day...yeah, the family pool will be mobbed. On a port day if you choose to stay on board, it will be far less crowded. Early mornings or late afternoon/early evening again, less crowded. Same for the AquaDuck (water roller coaster). Odd hours you will find little or no line. Mid afternoon on a sea day...the line might be 45 minutes.

You don't go on a ship for the pools. If you want nice pools, there are plenty of all inclusive resorts. ALL ships have small pools, but some are smaller than others.

See if you can get any info on whether the teen pool is open now. There is a teen only pool off the Vibe area. However, when we were on the Fantasy it was only open about 2 hours a day because there was inadequate staff to keep it open (or that's what we were told). Why do you care? Because if the teen pool is open, most of the teens will be there rather than at the family pool.

The positive--you are cruising at a time when most schools are in session. This means that there will be lots of toddlers and pre-schoolers on board, but they won't be at the same pool your kids want to use. There will be relatively fewer school aged kids. We see that as a positive situation.

We found the pools and slides to be nearly empty in the late afternoon/early evening. If you schedule late dining, you should be able to use them easily when all of the early diners leave to get ready for dinner. If you don't want to miss the shows, they usually have a matinee during the day on sea days.

Just came off the Fantasy and I have been on the Dream too. The pools are extremely small compared to similar sized ships of their age. The pool in the Vibe area is looks like an oversized hot tub. The two kids pools do get really full and there really isn't much room to do much. This has been a criticism since the ship sailed.

That being said there are plenty of other things for your kids to do. Early morning, evening and in port pool use is best. They will love the AquaDuck which is not an option on the Allure.

You can't go wrong with either cruise option. My vote would be to do Disney now while your kids are young and do the Allure next. They both will be great cruises.

We sailed in Sept. We mostly avoided the family pools and stayed with the adult area because we don't have kids. The pools did seem crowded in the afternoon, but didn't seem ridiculous. It was definitely less crowded in the later afternoon and when we were in port. I think we did have a lot of smaller kids on that cruise because of the time of year. Also, there is the Aqualab on Deck 12. I think your kids are a good age to enjoy that area. :cool:

Either way, have fun!!

When we sailed Disney the pools are fresh water. When we were on Royal the pools were salt water. That was a few years back but last I knew the pools on royal were salt.

I know my 9 year old would hate the salt pool.

Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you so much for your advice, was very helpful, I'm thinking that we might swap to the Dream 3 day, that way we can still experience a Disney cruise, but we can spend a bit longer in a Florida hotel or villa enjoying their pool.

it's a compromise, hubby and I love cruising, my sons love swimming.

Thank you so much for your advice, was very helpful, I'm thinking that we might swap to the Dream 3 day, that way we can still experience a Disney cruise, but we can spend a bit longer in a Florida hotel or villa enjoying their pool.

it's a compromise, hubby and I love cruising, my sons love swimming.

IMHO, a 3 night cruise is too short to experience the ship. At the least, do a 4 night cruise with a 3 night hotel/resort stay.

Beach Club has the best pool at WDW, if that is a consideration.

I really want to be on board for the 4th November as it's our 10 year wedding anniversary, I'd rather do a 4 day but it didn't work for our dates. Will definitely look at Beach Resort, I've never done WDW so it's all new to me!!

We recently cruised on the magic. OP, I realize you are experienced cruisers and admittedly we are not (was our first cruise ever). I was VERY nervous about my kids (10,10, and 7) being disappointed by the pools as they are generally "all about the pool" on our vacations. In the end...they barely ever went in the pool because they were more interested in other stuff on the ship. They had an absolutely amazing time with everything the DCL ship offered for kids. That being said they were definitely able to get more than their fair share of time on the slides even tho we cruised over spring break. And as another poster said we had lots of swimming time at our ports.

We have sailed the Fantasy 3 times now. My son loves pools and he has never had an issue with how full it gets. We typically go to the pools in the morning around 10 eat lunch and stay till around 1 and then go inside for indoor activities then revisit the pools in the early afternoon/evening.

Timing is important so just be aware of it and you guys will be fine.

When we sailed Disney the pools are fresh water. When we were on Royal the pools were salt water. That was a few years back but last I knew the pools on royal were salt.

I know my 9 year old would hate the salt pool.

Just something to keep in mind.

Unless you TASTE the water, you won't know the difference! Both chlorine and salt water pools are sparkling and clear!