New promo!! So mad!!

ahamill

I had a feeling this would happen. We booked last week, got the last aft-facing balcony in The Haven and got the perks that they were offering at the time, $300 on board credit, $75 specialty dining per person, $75 per stateroom per port for shor excursion and 250 minutes of Internet.

We enjoy our cocktails and are planning on buying the UBP but today they came out with the new promos and, of course, the UBP is on it.

I called and tried to get th new promos and, of course, no luck. Does anyone have any tips with changing promos, is there any way around it?

We can't cancel and rebook, the stateroom is not available.

So bummed, this would have been a big savings!

We booked yesterday for a Northern Europe cruise...did it because the cabin we wanted needed to be snagged ASAP. This morning our TA was able to switch the promo and we kept our same cabin. Very happy. Someone should be able to help you. He said there was a small chance we would loose our suite, but it worked out fine.

Did you book through a good TA. They can usually make magic! Good luck.

I had a feeling this would happen. We booked last week, got the last aft-facing balcony in The Haven and got the perks that they were offering at the time, $300 on board credit, $75 specialty dining per person, $75 per stateroom per port for shor excursion and 250 minutes of Internet.

We enjoy our cocktails and are planning on buying the UBP but today they came out with the new promos and, of course, the UBP is on it.

I called and tried to get th new promos and, of course, no luck. Does anyone have any tips with changing promos, is there any way around it?

If you cancel and then immediately rebook, they should be able to book you into the same cabin you are in. There is a chance in that 60 seconds that it could be snagged but most likely not.

Edited by Out to sea!

What do you mean the cabin wouldn't be available? You are the one booked in it. Your PCC can do this for you in like 30 seconds. Ours did it today, and we've done it for prior cruises, also. It takes practically nothing.

If you cancel and then immediately rebook, they should be able to book you into the same cabin you are in. There is a chance in that 60 seconds that it could be snagged but most likely not.

But would they know the price on it prior to freeing it up? I would worry about an unknown price increase as part of the re-book.

But would they know the price on it prior to freeing it up? I would worry about an unknown price increase as part of the re-book.

And this (price increase) is a distinct possibility if there are indeed no more cabins available in that category. Kind of a big chance to take. That being said, it also could work so you just never know.

Edited by tarps14

What do you mean the cabin wouldn't be available? You are the one booked in it. Your PCC can do this for you in like 30 seconds. Ours did it today, and we've done it for prior cruises, also. It takes practically nothing.

The PCC or NCL representative will give you a disclaimer that the room could be picked up by another agent in the minute or two it takes to cancel the booking and rebook with the new promotion. I have done this several times for price or promotion benefits and have been fortunate to have kept the the room. We did have a room change on one rebooking to the room next door for our upcoming cruise, same category so we didn't care. They say the chances of losing your room is unlikely but they have to tell you that there is a minimal risk with making a change just in case it happens.

The PCC or NCL representative will give you a disclaimer that the room could be picked up by another agent in the minute or two it takes to cancel the booking and rebook with the new promotion. I have done this several times for price or promotion benefits and have been fortunate to have kept the the room. We did have a room change on one rebooking to the room next door for our upcoming cruise, same category so we didn't care. They say the chances of losing your room is unlikely but they have to tell you that there is a minimal risk with making a change just in case it happens.
My PCC has never told me that, but I get it. Sure, it's a possibility. From the time he tells us the price and we tell him to go ahead until he says it's done is approximately 8 seconds. Considering the thousands and thousands of different cruise cabin options across all possible sailing dates and all possible cabins on all NCL ships, I honestly am not worried that during a few seconds someone else would get my exact same cabin. I'm not a mathematician, but I don't need to be to realize how ungodly those odds would be.

With new promos there will possibly be increased prices. Do you know that to cancel and rebook, the cabin price, if you could get that one still, would not be a higher one?

Obviously you check that before you do it.

This.

When I have read the threads here on CC about NCL I am amazed at the negativity compared to other lines threads. I am really starting to feel that a lot of the complaints and derogatory threads lately are coming from people who have shorted the stock and are trying to bring down the stock price.

Take everything you read here with a giant grain of salt, especially the NCL board.

When I have read the threads here on CC about NCL I am amazed at the negativity compared to other lines threads. I am really starting to feel that a lot of the complaints and derogatory threads lately are coming from people who have shorted the stock and are trying to bring down the stock price.

I wasn't being negative. I was agreeing with the procedure suggested by another poster, and acknowledging a caution they expressed.

I wasn't being negative. I was agreeing with the procedure suggested by another poster, and acknowledging a caution they expressed.

Sorry I was talking about the OP. They share negativity, get it wrong and then don't come back to the post.

Take everything you read here with a giant grain of salt, especially the NCL board.

I am a loyal NCL cruiser but I am not feeling excited about my next cruise this fall. All the changes have me worried. What other changes are ahead we are not being told about. This the first time we have started looking at other cruise lines. Sorry but that is how we are feeling right now. We have never been on any other cruise than NCL. Maybe it is time to try something else. We are a couple of months away from our 14 night cruise Final payment date and just might cancel.

Edited by hladygirl

I'm not sure what spin you're putting on the other cruiselines boards, but, it exists on them all. I tend to read each board based on the next line I happen to be cruising on. Each and every time there are roughly the same 10 folks (particular to that specific board) who feel the need to challenge everyone else's opinion. To lump everyone on the NCL board as totally negative and without merit in their advice is not a fair assumption. Especially the last few months. Any time there is change at the very top of the chain, there are going to be changes to the product and discontent with those changes. Every cruise line and subsequently the corresponding board has gone through this.

You can't check the price of an unavailable (sold out) cabin category AFAIK.

Well no matter what, be sure to not even try. Make sure you save space for those who do. [emoji3]

Edited by LrgPizza

I am a loyal NCL cruiser but I am not feeling excited about my next cruise this fall. All the changes have me worried. What other changes are ahead we are not being told about. This the first time we have started looking at other cruise lines. Sorry but that is how we are feeling right now. We have never been on any other cruise than NCL. Maybe it is time to try something else. We are a couple of months away from our 14 night cruise Final payment date and just might cancel.

could I ask you, what does this post have to do with all the changes that have been occuring and other than the $7.95 room service charge, what changes are so severe you would think of changing lines?

I understand your frustration, but these things happen: look at what you are getting and be happy. It is true, if you rebook you are cancelling your first reservation and it could be gone just as quickly. Believe I have seen it happen, especially when the cabin is one that is in demand. Either you are going to have to be happy with what you have or take the chance your cabin will be gone. There is nothing else that can be said.

I just checked a Nov cruise we have booked, before the current offers. Yep. I can cancel and rebook and now get an UBP promo. But...the new prices for our level cabin is $500 more than I've paid.....and back when I booked originally I got a $200 OBC with it. So for those disappointed with the occasional price drop that they can't get now, I've found that more often prices go up...even with what seems to be a better offer.