Ultimate Beverage Package now $68 service charge

Have you read your cruise contract...I am guessing there is something about them being able to change tipping procedures/pricing. Most contracts usually have something like that...that basically says things are subject to change.

If you wish to challenge my opinion, don't guess, come with facts. Then again, only my opinion matters to me.

The website states DSC is at guest discretion, so anyone that felt "wronged" by booking at one rate and being charged a higher one is completely within their rights to ask for it to be modified back to the original amount.

I think Out to Sea makes a valid point. You book, you put down a deposit and pay with certain terms and conditions, and it is aggravating when the company keeps changing those terms and conditions. We got UBP as a free promo, no extra service charges were added on and I would not expect them to change those terms. The new terms are for new bookings.

Don;t forget, if you decide to upgrade your cabin that is technically a cancellation/rebook so you would now have to pay the gratuities you didn't have to pay before.

What are all these "light drinkers" doing on this thread anyway. LOL

they are just bitter since they will have to pay 18% on the only drink they will have on the cruise. you know $2 goes along way for some of these folks on the penny slots.

hahahah! Who knew a question was an opinion!

Well considering the poster you're responding can't grasp simple concepts of a 'free' new promo since he's of the opinion that NCL did him so wrong on other fronts - I'm not shocked he mistook your question for an opinion or insult to his intelligence. Cause, people who tried to explain it to him repeatedly; want to really say it but don't want to blow up the thread (yet). :cool:

if you book in the heaven there is no added taxes

Nobody is talking about taxes. The discussion is about gratuities. Those in the Haven must pay gratuities on the purchased packages, just like everyone else always has. They do not have to pay gratuities on the current promo UBP. You are correct, though, that those in heaven pay nothing.

Nobody is talking about taxes. The discussion is about gratuities. Those in the Haven must pay gratuities on the purchased packages, just like everyone else always has. They do not have to pay gratuities on the current promo UBP. You are correct, though, that those in heaven pay nothing.

That's what I meant

Don;t forget, if you decide to upgrade your cabin that is technically a cancellation/rebook so you would now have to pay the gratuities you didn't have to pay before.

Actually that depends on the situation. If they call and offer you an upgrade you can keep your original promos as part of the deal. However if you notice that a higher cabin class is cheaper than what you currently have then yes you would have to pay the gratuities that you didn't have to before. However this argument makes no sense since more than likely you would only upgrade if the price of the higher class cabin were lower or closer to what you were paying even with the gratuities added than what you were previously paying for the lower class cabin.

If you wish to challenge my opinion, don't guess, come with facts. Then again, only my opinion matters to me.

Just want to clarify what you said. Are you saying at the end of the day only your opinion matters if someone where to come with facts? Are you saying if someone has the fact that 2+2=4 you won't listen if your opinion is that 2+2=5?

Just want to clarify what you said. Are you saying at the end of the day only your opinion matters if someone where to come with facts? Are you saying if someone has the fact that 2+2=4 you won't listen if your opinion is that 2+2=5?

There's no point continuing to post to a person who they've believe to have been wrong when it clear they weren't. Plus thinks they know everything even though they can't grasp simple concept of a promos' catch / stipulation ' which is why this thread is lasting longer than it should.

We just changed our perk from May's flimsy $75 dining credit to the UBP. I don't mind paying the $68 pp. On the last cruise we were just on in May, it was 100% free and we tipped an extra dollar or so for pretty much every drink we ordered (and gave $20 at the end of our trip to our awesome bartender at Sugarcane on the Getaway!).

Added together, we tipped about $120 for the week additional. Now that we are paying the gratuities up front, we most likely won't leave the extra dollar or so per drink, but if a bartender goes above and beyond, we'll follow the same tipping strategy we've done in the past.

All in all, as long as you have 6-7 drinks the entire week, you get your moneys worth even with paying for the gratuities. :D

We just changed our perk from May's flimsy $75 dining credit to the UBP. I don't mind paying the $68 pp. On the last cruise we were just on in May, it was 100% free and we tipped an extra dollar or so for pretty much every drink we ordered (and gave $20 at the end of our trip to our awesome bartender at Sugarcane on the Getaway!).

Added together, we tipped about $120 for the week additional. Now that we are paying the gratuities up front, we most likely won't leave the extra dollar or so per drink, but if a bartender goes above and beyond, we'll follow the same tipping strategy we've done in the past.

All in all, as long as you have 6-7 drinks the entire week, you get your moneys worth even with paying for the gratuities. :D

I like the tipping idea, I've always been trying to figure out how much is enough. I drink so much on Cruises the bartender becomes my best friend lol. Though in fairness I like I said before I don't drink at all when I'm home so this is my let loose time lol.

HAHA!

I usually tip the bartenders the exact same way I would at home (just a little bit more at the end of the trip if the bartenders go above and beyond). Usually a buck every 3-4 beers, and a dollar per mixed drink. I know a lot of people don't follow that philosophy, but, for us, it's the right thing to do.

I like the tipping idea, I've always been trying to figure out how much is enough. I drink so much on Cruises the bartender becomes my best friend lol. Though in fairness I like I said before I don't drink at all when I'm home so this is my let loose time lol.