8660 on Oasis Class (Central Park)

I noticed that this room became available this afternoon, so I called and switched from 7660 to 8660. Now I'm wondering if I made a bad choice? We're near an elevator on same level as Central Park. Noise level? I think I remember reading here that noise wasn't an issue and it's a good location. This will be for the October transatlantic on Harmony.

We were in a JS just a few cabins down from 8660 in May and we loved the location. You get no noise at all from Central Park but you're super-convenient to the park. Just turn the corner outside your cabin and access Trellis Bar, Park Café, and the specialty restaurants. We also found that with Central Park taking up much of deck 8, there are fewer cabins and less foot traffic passing your door.

I noticed that this room became available this afternoon, so I called and switched from 7660 to 8660. Now I'm wondering if I made a bad choice? We're near an elevator on same level as Central Park. Noise level? I think I remember reading here that noise wasn't an issue and it's a good location. This will be for the October transatlantic on Harmony.

No noise from the elevator, you are far removed from the elevator lobby.

We had this cabin booked on Allure for January and the only reason we changed was to get 12330, one of the new aft suites.

Several have recommended 8660 and when we were on Oasis we checked it out. Quiet and so near to Central Park. Lovely.

We have this cabin booked for our August cruise. We switched from the new aft grand suites to this one since reviews were mixed but generraly not favorableof the aft suite.

Edited by Tony O

I have stayed in a JS in that general location 8642 and LOVED IT!!! You will enjoy the quiet and the peaceful walks back to your room after stopping at the cozy little bar around the corner...It is gives you close proximity to other things, while also affording you the beauty and calm of Central Park at night. We booked a cruise for 2016 on the Harmony and AGAIN will be staying in Central Park area..I enjoy the serenity :D

Happy Cruising:)