\King Willem Alexander & Queen Maxima

HALrunner

We were visiting the local botanical gardens today, and who should arrive but the King & Queen of the Netherlands! Apparently they were visiting our state because it has the highest Dutch concentration in the country.

We brushed elbows with them a few times and when the local press interviewed me, I was embarrassed to admit the only Dutch connection I had was HAL! Thank you Kongingsam that at least I knew the word for King in Dutch!

Where was this?

How fun for you. They are a beautiful family.

This was at Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, MI. I think the king looks a little like Donald Trump, the queen is just beautiful and so kind! My boys later remarked "They don't sound as Dutch as the captains on our ships!"

After this afternoon, I especially am hoping that the sister ship to the Kongingsdam honors the queen!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

! My boys later remarked "They don't sound as Dutch as the captains on our ships!"

After this afternoon, I especially am hoping that the sister ship to the Kongingsdam honors the queen!

Queen Maxima is from Argentina and worked internationally for a long time. Her english refects that. She learned dutch in record time after meeting the then prince.