New Years Eve Miami or FLL

canuckinindia

Have a January 3 cruise from FLL (Celebrity Silhouette) with an extended friends and family group (dozen rooms).

Some people are thinking of coming down early maybe (6-10) and doing a short stay over new years eve till the cruise.

Wanted to get feedback on how new years eve is in either Miami or FLL. Degrees of crazy so I can prepare people for what they might expect.

While budget is a bit or an issue we are okay spending in the 200s for a room night maybe more for something special. Alternatively looking at airbnbing a villa but was uncertain especially given new years eve.

Any feedback appreciated.

Have a January 3 cruise from FLL (Celebrity Silhouette) with an extended friends and family group (dozen rooms).

Some people are thinking of coming down early maybe (6-10) and doing a short stay over new years eve till the cruise.

Wanted to get feedback on how new years eve is in either Miami or FLL. Degrees of crazy so I can prepare people for what they might expect.

While budget is a bit or an issue we are okay spending in the 200s for a room night maybe more for something special. Alternatively looking at airbnbing a villa but was uncertain especially given new years eve.

Any feedback appreciated.

Fort Lauderdale has the biggest celebration but Miami drops a ball and last year, Pitbull played. Fort Lauderdale's celebration has more to do with the Orange bowl.

What are the ages? FLL may be more family friendly but if you have a bunch of 20 somethings, Miami would work best. South Beach would also be fun but I don't think you'll find rooms in your budget there.

Downtown FLL, downtown Miami, and South Beach all have different celebrations.

Because hotel rooms are so expensive that time of year, I would maybe first concentrate on where you want to stay and then figure out what to do New Years.

Being that I live in Miami, I am biased but I think the fireworks over Biscayne Bay at midnight are awesome! And watching Mr Sun on the side of the Intercontinental Hotel at midnight is a Miami ritual. But I'm sure Ft Lauderdale has comparable celebrations as well (don't want to get into it with BlueHerons).

Being that I live in Miami, I am biased but I think the fireworks over Biscayne Bay at midnight are awesome! And watching Mr Sun on the side of the Intercontinental Hotel at midnight is a Miami ritual. But I'm sure Ft Lauderdale has comparable celebrations as well (don't want to get into it with BlueHerons).

Haha! You won't get an argument from me! Fireworks over the ocean/Key Biscayne are spectacular and can't hold a candle to fireworks downtown Fort Lauderdale. Didn't even think about that.

Off topic, we watched the 4th of July fireworks from the boat on the water and could see them all the way down the coast. It was amazing!

Ages is a bit in the air, most likely a group in their 30s but it could extend to include a few of the parent couples interested in new years in Florida.

I am conscious of price but appreciate you get what you pay for and it sounds like the fireworks experience is something worth seeing.

BlueHerons you mentioned watching from a boat? Was that one of the event boats or something private? Looked at two event boats but wonder if they will be overcrowded or enjoyable?

Ages is a bit in the air, most likely a group in their 30s but it could extend to include a few of the parent couples interested in new years in Florida.

I am conscious of price but appreciate you get what you pay for and it sounds like the fireworks experience is something worth seeing.

BlueHerons you mentioned watching from a boat? Was that one of the event boats or something private? Looked at two event boats but wonder if they will be overcrowded or enjoyable?

We were in my girlfriend and her husband's boat.

If you can get out on a boat to see the fireworks for New Years Eve by all means do so. It is an amazing experience! You'll want to do it every year!