Lost the edge ????

Thanks for your input :)

I have yet to go on any oasis class ships. Hoping to try out harmony in may.

It wasn't really a comparison. I was saying, why would you go into a pay restaurant to get fries to eat on deck when you can grab them for free in the windjammer.

And jamies is on the promenade deck, would you run in there to get a pizza and go and sit on the promenade deck and eat it .....

It's really hard to get your point across on here. So I'll stop :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, it is hard to get your point.

On other ships, one already has to pay for JR and can get free burger and fries in the WJ. No difference.

And I'm not sure I get the pizza thing about Jamie's. What ship can you get a pizza other than sorrentos, which is on Deck 5? The same pizza that is on all RCI ships is still there. Jamie's adds a pizza option. Seems like an improvement.

Too hard to explain what I'm saying, so I give in .......

I yield ......... it's only because you're American and I'm English ....

So I can't explain my thoughts properly in words.

Rockets is never busy, because you have to pay for it.

Divinely decadence is the best restaurant on the ship.

I highly recommend it x

They shut down Divinely Decadence, it is now Solarium bistro, though not sure what the menu changes are/will be. I really liked the menu i read online, so bummed it won't be there.

As long as you don't tell me what's going on on Eastenders (we're only up to 2006!), you can explain or discuss whatever you like :)

They shut down Divinely Decadence, it is now Solarium bistro, though not sure what the menu changes are/will be. I really liked the menu i read online, so bummed it won't be there.

As long as you don't tell me what's going on on Eastenders (we're only up to 2006!), you can explain or discuss whatever you like :)

Lol ...... now that's made my day re- EastEnders :)

Too hard to explain what I'm saying, so I give in .......

I yield ......... it's only because you're American and I'm English ....

So I can't explain my thoughts properly in words.

It's not about yielding, I just don't understand what you have issues with.

JR is different, but I don't see it being that much worse.

Jamie's and pizza? What's the issue there? Sorrento's is still on the ship serving the same pizzas.

You posted that you agree with what sblair posted about steps back- and I'm not seeing how all of those items are step backs, let alone massive ones.

What makes all of those items worse than on other ships?

Edited by alfaeric

It's not about yielding, I just don't understand what you have issues with.

JR is different, but I don't see it being that much worse.

Jamie's and pizza? What's the issue there? Sorrento's is still on the ship serving the same pizzas.

You posted that you agree with what sblair posted about steps back- and I'm not seeing how all of those items are step backs, let alone massive ones.

What makes all of those items worse than on other ships?

The whole thing was referring to "Tura Lura" buying fries from rockets as it was an open restaurant on deck.

I was just saying ..... a cover charge or a la carte restaurant on a ship is somewhere special.

Why pay for fries there when you can run into the windjammer or that hotdog place in the seaplex.

BTW ..... love sorrentos ....... there should be one on every ship, not just rci!

The whole thing was referring to "Tura Lura" buying fries from rockets as it was an open restaurant on deck.

I was just saying ..... a cover charge or a la carte restaurant on a ship is somewhere special.

Why pay for fries there when you can run into the windjammer or that hotdog place in the seaplex.

BTW ..... love sorrentos ....... there should be one on every ship, not just rci!

Ok, but how are those examples of "lost the edge" on the Anthem/Quantum?

None of that is new or unique to those ships.

Ok, but how are those examples of "lost the edge" on the Anthem/Quantum?

None of that is new or unique to those ships.

As I said ...... too hard for you to catch my drift ...... no matter how I put it, you won't understand.

The bottom line is ...... it's not for me (or most of the British cruisers .... unless you're a first time cruiser, then it's fantastic !) Rubbish areas, no atmosphere and quite an unexciting vessel. No wow factor at all, my biggest most expensive let down last year.

As I said ...... too hard for you to catch my drift ...... no matter how I put it, you won't understand.

The bottom line is ...... it's not for me (or most of the British cruisers .... unless you're a first time cruiser, then it's fantastic !) Rubbish areas, no atmosphere and quite an unexciting vessel. No wow factor at all, my biggest most expensive let down last year.

instead of drifting, it's a whole lot easier to understand descriptions. Is it that hard to explain why something is an example of "losing the edge"?

You've never actually said WHY you feel it's a let down, just that it is.

It's also curious that you spend so much time telling us how you don't like it, as opposed to moving on and enjoying the next cruise that's not on this ship.

I'm trying to figure out if I missed something.

The way you describe it, I haven't. We look forward to going to 270 a lot more, seeing We Will Rock You more than once, dining, going to the Music Hall, etc.

One of the best trips we've gone on.

Points well taken - I am sailing in Feb and I am excited to give her a try - even with all the negative posts on CC. It does seem to be the seasoned RCL poster that is most unhappy. I do miss things of old style cruising but I am sure I will miss aspects of the Anthem when I sail on another type of ship.

You may have been a touch harsh with the sarcasm though - people can voice opinions - it is cruise CRITIC. ;)

Better cancel your Anthem Cruise in October then.

Honestly this post it pathetic. It's a totally different class of ship. Before you even went on the Canary Island's cruise you weren't looking forward to it which would sway your opinion from the start. Dynamic Dining is totally different from the Main Dining Room, yes. They haven't made any secret of that. They're planning on introducing DD on the Oasis Class Ships, will you avoid them too? As far as I'm concerned, the food in the DD restaurants was far tastier and varied than the normal Main Dining Room, and the Menu changed half way through the cruise. How is that bad? If you had booked different restaurants, you would not have had the same food twice.

I presume you went Ice Skating every day on the Freedom Class Ships, going on how much it's affected you?

Also, what did the promenade give you over the Esplanade? I suppose you camped out in the Promenade, just to say how much better it was over the Esplanade?

I found the Anthem excellent. I loved every minute of it. And I've also been on the Liberty twice (which is the same as the Independence!). SeaPlex is a fun venue, I loved the bumper cars there, and playing Quest. in there. It was also fun to see the Trapeze that people were swinging on. There was also Xbox's there for the kids, and table tennis tables. How is this bad? The "lack of pool area" is total BS too. The ship is not designed for warmer weather. And even then, there is an outside pool area, inside pool area, and the Solarium. Did you not notice we had 5 days of cold and wind? The interior pool and solarium were warm the entire time.

Honestly think you were going to hate the Anthem before even getting on it going by your posts pre-cruise

Points well taken - I am sailing in Feb and I am excited to give her a try - even with all the negative posts on CC. It does seem to be the seasoned RCL poster that is most unhappy. I do miss things of old style cruising but I am sure I will miss aspects of the Anthem when I sail on another type of ship.

You may have been a touch harsh with the sarcasm though - people can voice opinions - it is cruise CRITIC. ;)

Exactly, it's just not my cup of tea. I've just aired what I think. It's up to the individual to decide.

I wasn't slating anthem ......

But my only real bad point was that in the UK, it was understaffed.

Exactly, it's just not my cup of tea. I've just aired what I think. It's up to the individual to decide.

I wasn't slating anthem ......

But my only real bad point was that in the UK, it was understaffed.

Lots of people have mentioned understaffing. Just a guess but I am not sure they have figured out the optimum staffing for dynamic dining or even the new quantum class ships overall. Hopefully they get it right soon.

The staffing levels for DD classic were fine.

It was the bars and waiting staff. And because of it, they were as miserable as sin.

I totally enjoyed my cruise BTW. I was just disappointed with the ship, and it's regime, that's all.

But that's my prerogative (as Bobby Brown would say).

Just because it wasn't my bag, doesn't mean I want other people to think it's pants.

Because it's not.

Edited by Stitchman

• 2 weeks later...

The pool areas on the Quantum were the best we have ever seen and we did not enjoy our Inaugural sailing but only because the cruise director did not have any fun things going on. The ship itself was beautiful, just different. We do love Oasis and Allure better but we are hoping our upcoming Anthem cruise will be good. Johnny Rockets was disappointing[emoji19]

Up until our last cruise on the Anthem in November, our family group of 8 enjoyed cruising. We were really looking forward to our cruise on the Anthem.

Bottom line, we were all left underwhelmed by the whole Anthem experience - especially in the food and waiting-in-line dept etc that we have been put off from cruising for a while... including abandoning any thought of doing a Mediterranean cruise for my upcoming 10 year anniversary this year.

Probably in the next year or two, I might get the bug again but I would never consider a Quantum Class again. Probably do and Oasis class if I go back to RCL.

With gaps between our cruises of a year or two, we definitely felt the standard lowered on our recent cruise on the Anthem. Unfortunately, I believe this now the new norm... which is sad. :(

• 1 month later...
When I go on Anthem Cruise, I hope I can give a more positive Brit review.

Re Eastenders......

Only just seen this post ........

At the end of the day, it's not my favourite boat. But that hasn't stopped loads of Brits that haven't done RCI, or loads of staunch diamond members (that wouldn't have a bad word to say about it) from loving anthem. It's a personal thing whether one likes it or not.

Saying that, I'm going on ovation in a few weeks (QUANTUM CLASS AGAIN !!) ......... I'm going with my brother in law this time. He's never been on royal Caribbean before. He will be amazed !!!!