Just off the Victory Eastern Carib today

Thanks for the post. re; cd, I have heard great reports about donkey, but sadly according to what I have heard/read here, there will be a different one on my October cruise. Still, while I have not heard anything about the new one, I will be optomistic and give the guy a chance:D Honestly CD, normally does not impact my enjoyment of a cruise.

Will you be doing a review? If not, ok, I dont do them here on the forums either. I have no other specific questions right now except; did you have a good cruise? I sure hope so. Looking forward to more posts, feedback on your cruise. thanks for posting.:)

I guess once you have a CD like Donkey, then you look for those attributes in other CDs. I never really cared who the CD was because I too didn't feel like they would influence the level of enjoyment of the trip. Donkey was super fun though. He even danced in the YMCA bit during the Vroom show on the last night. He was funny and a good dancer.

We did have a great time. I'm not sure if I'll do a review at this point. Other highlights were the Latin Beat band (I'm not Latino but I love the music and love to watch Latin dancing) and Chopsticks for lunch.

There was a large group of people in the dining room on cruise elegant night who spanned several tables in the center of the dining room. They started some chants and banter back and forth which made many of us uncomfortable. They were so loud. I had never witnessed such behavior in a dining room before. I believe there were complaints and they got mad and left prematurely. Fortunately we didn't see this disorderly conduct any other night.

Edited by tzais01

I guess once you have a CD like Donkey, then you look for those attributes in other CDs. I never really cared who the CD was because I too didn't feel like they would influence the level of enjoyment of the trip. Donkey was super fun though. He even danced in the YMCA bit during the Vroom show on the last night. He was funny and a good dancer.

We did have a great time. I'm not sure if I'll do a review at this point. Other highlights were the Latin Beat band (I'm not Latino but I love the music and love to watch Latin dancing) and Chopsticks for lunch.

There was a large group of people in the dining room on cruise elegant night who spanned several tables in the center of the dining room. They started some chants and banter back and forth which made many of us uncomfortable. They were so loud. I had never witnessed such behavior in a dining room before. I believe there were complaints and they got mad and left prematurely. Fortunately we didn't see this disorderly conduct any other night.

Thanks. I fully understand reluctance to do a full review here. I too love latin music, but am Canadian, with not an ounce of latin blood in me (that I know of) lol, but love it, can listen and watch others dance for hours. I have heard good things about Chopsticks and look forward to that at lunchtime.

The large group in the dining room, that would be disturbing. I have seen/heard this before as well on another ship, and they too were asked to tone things down. They got belligerent and yelled at the wait staff and maitre d, but as each day of the cruise went by, less and less of them showed up for dinner. I went to lido buffet one night late in the cruise, and guess who was there, being loud, obnoxious, and being abusive to staff...same group:rolleyes:.

Thanks again for your feedback.

How did you feel about the ship overall? Can I ask what cabin you were in and how was that???

I thought it was a beautiful ship. The carpets were bright and not worn looking and the new venues were very nice. The Skybox was a great place for hubby and daughter to watch the hockey game last night. The Alchemy bar was very nice as well although we didn't buy anything there.

Our cabin was an inside guarantee 2321 on Main between the forward and middle stairs. It was nice and quiet inside other than a few people going down the hall loudly in the middle of the night. The bathroom was pink and not renovated. The beds were very comfy (king and one upper berth). The room steward was very good and greeted us by name each time we saw him.

Dining room service was good although breakfast was slow at times.

I was on this cruise and my 2 complaints were guest services(HORRIBLE) not having any quarters for people to wash and the wait staff in Atlantic(too slow). Other than that, this was one of the best cruises I have took so far out of 7.

There were two production shows. The first was Living in America and the second was Vroom. Vroom was excellent. The other was so-so. Besides that there was a passenger talent show and Love and Marriage show.

Thanks so much!

There were two production shows. The first was Living in America and the second was Vroom. Vroom was excellent. The other was so-so. Besides that there was a passenger talent show and Love and Marriage show.

we were on victory a couple years ago...they're still doing vroom and living in america? hmmm...

our first cruise several years ago, maybe 7 was on the elation. then our 3rd cruise a couple years later on...whatever one is sort of elation's sister ship....about halfway through the first s how I was like "wait a minute, this seems all too familiar." It was the same show. Once I figured that out it wasn't as interesting....

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. You don't by any chance have the Funtimes or the menus from your cruise do you? We sail in a month and are so excited !!! It would be great to see what they have in store for us.

Thanks !!!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. You don't by any chance have the Funtimes or the menus from your cruise do you? We sail in a month and are so excited !!! It would be great to see what they have in store for us.

Thanks !!!

I didn't save the Funtimes but the menus are the 5 day on Zydocruiser.net here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElation/menus/dinner.htm

Sorry you won't have Donkey.

What was your favorite dish/meal/treat on the ship?

How much was the martini tasting?

We are NCLer's and this is our first Carnival cruise so thanks for the info!:p

My favorite appetizer - the crab cakes. Favorite salad is the Greek Farmer Salad. Soup is the Roasted Pumpkin and main dish is the Jerk Pork Loin on day 2. Favorite desert is Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and Bitter and Blanc.

I don't know how much the martini tasting is. Sorry.

Cricket914, I packed a few extra hangers, but was surprised at the number already provided. I believe you also as your steward for a few more, if needed. They do provide some soap/shampoo stuff in the shower, but I didn't use it. My boys used it as body wash and used their own shampoos. A Tender port is a port the ship cannot dock at the main pier. It is too shallow or not created for large ships. The ship anchors out a bit from the shore and a smaller ferry type ship transports you to the shore. It takes a little longer, you may have to stand in lines, etc.

I have some silly questions, heading out on my first cruise. Do I need to pack hangers? Do they provide soap and shampoo? And what does tender port mean?

I can answer these for you Cricket, as it seems OP has signed off for night.

Unless you way Over Pack, there will be plenty of hangers. But, if you need more, just ask the cabin steward for some.

There will be small cakes of soap in the bathroom. Like hotels provide. If you need a particular type, bring your own. There will be shampoo in a dispenser, in the shower. This is a very cheap generic type. If you are particular, again pack your own.

A tender port means the ship cannot dock, so you can easily walk off. It will drop anchor, away from port a bit. Small boats will come to the ship, and shuttle people to shore, then back to the ship. You may have to wait awhile to get off the ship. They give out tender tickets, they will tell you where to go, to get these tickets. You will probably stand in line on shore, to get a tender back to the ship. Tenders usually run from about 1/2 hr after arrival, to 1/2 hr before the ship sails away. They will announce the time for the very last shuttle. Pay attention, and make sure you are on that "last" shuttle, or better still, an earlier one. Good Sails Ahead

We just got off this morning. If you have any questions, please let me know.

One thing I'll mention right now, I loved CD Chris "Donkey" Salazar. He was so fun.

Did Chris happen to say how long he will remain on Victory? We're sailing on Aug 22.